Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Megillah reading

Tovah

Post Sat, Mar 05 2005, 8:55 pm
What do women do with small children for megillah reading in montreal?are there any minyanim specail for women?

Henya

Post Sat, Mar 05 2005, 10:02 pm
Last year I took my baby to the megilla reading in the evening. I figured if she'd make noise, my husband would read the megilla for me later on. B"H I was able to stay throughout the reading. The next day, my husband went to an early minyan. I met him in shul with my baby, handed her over to my husband & attended a later megilla reading.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 9:57 am
and what about Parshas Zachor? what do women do?
(not only in Montreal)

Henya

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 10:43 am
before they read the megilla, they do read something in shul (I think it's about Amallek) that you can be be yotzeh with that instead of Parshas Zachor. You just need to make sure to be in shul earlier in the morning to make sure that you hear this read.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:12 am
I think its "vayovo amalek" but I didnt know you can hear that instead of parshas zachor.

yehudis

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:53 am
RG wrote:
I think its "vayovo amalek" but I didnt know you can hear that instead of parshas zachor.

That's bedieved. It's better to hear Parshas Zachor. Is there a later minyan that you can go to after your husband gets home from shul? That's what we do.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 2:05 pm
im definitely going to hear Parshas Zachor (iy"h), I just have to figure out how and where... Confused

Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 6:47 am
as purim last year was way past my due date, my husband read the megillah to me at home....I was too uncomfortable to sit in shul....

Tovah

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 11:44 am
I think I'm going to ask my husband to do the same since I'm due pretty soon, and I have an 11 month old and I can't see myself going to shul and keeping 2 quiet.

Chanie

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 1:43 pm
Last year a few of us got togther in the morning at my house and one of our husbands did th reading. It was nice and relaxing, and you didn't feel bad if your child made noise cuz next time it would be someone elses child we were waiting for. I dont know if I'll do ity again this year, cuz it's such a short friday... but if I do, then Tova, I'll let you know.

Tovah

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 1:57 pm
thanks chanie that would be great!

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 12:01 pm
most of the communities have an afternoon Zahor reading
and second megila reading too.

You mgiht want to ask your hasidish neighbours about it, as their husbands usually daven later
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics