Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Florida Beach Vacation NOT MIAMI AREA!!

jmaapp12

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 10:06 am
Me and DH are looking to go somewhere nice in FL but we are already bored of Miami Area (been there every winter for the last 7 years), We are looking for a nice beach resort in a warm climate not far from home (NY)
Any ideas??????

PZA

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 10:45 am
Maybe try LA or Palm Springs. Have family member that was their recently and loved it!
Beautiful weathers and nice entertainment!

morah

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 10:58 am
The Breakers in Palm Beach is very nice. You could also try the Keys- though I've never been there and can't vouch for the availability of a minyan and kosher food.

chippy

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 12:04 pm
Naples/Sanibel Island on the west coast of Florida. So nice!

jmaapp12

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 3:01 pm
rivkahk wrote:

yo know of any kosher food in the naples area?

Levtov

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 3:34 pm
Marco Island,( also in Sanibel area). Beautiful west coast of Florida. You fly into Ft Meyers Airport. I don't know abt kosher food or minyan, but was really beautiful.

jelly belly

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 3:45 pm
jmaapp12 wrote:
rivkahk wrote:

yo know of any kosher food in the naples area?

I've been to Naples and its really nice, but there are no kosher restaurants. There is a minyan, at least on Shabbos.

Barbs

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 4:17 pm
The Florida Keys has minyan everyday at the chabad house and they also have a kosher restaurant. It is nicer then Miami Beach area since its closer to the Caribbean.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 9:29 pm
I'm looking to go next week n a beach vacation in FL. not miami. Has anyone been to saint pete or has any suggestions.

TIA

cookielady

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 10:00 pm
I agree with people who suggested Naples. It's beautiful there.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 10:11 pm
we are going to the destin area. its part of the panhandle beaches on the gulf of mexico. we are flying into panama beach airport.

its cheaper there then sanibal island.

no kosher resturaunts but we are renting a house so we can cook our own food.

the beaches are supposed to be beautiful.

bonitag1

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 10:51 pm
We've been going to Sanibel for a winter vacation for many years. It's lovely and peaceful and the beaches are incredible. For a minyan you would have to go to Chabad of Fort Myers. There are no kosher restaurants but the markets have many kosher items. The Publix on Daniels Road in Fort Myers (on the way from the airport) usually has frozen Empire Chicken and sometimes Millers Cheese. The cheapest flights are into Fort Lauderdale or Miami, instead of Ft. Myers, so if you fly there, rent a car (the drive to Sanibel is about 2 1/2 hours), you can pick up your meat and cheese at a kosher store or Costco there before heading to Sanibel.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
I'm looking to go next week n a beach vacation in FL. not miami. Has anyone been to saint pete or has any suggestions.

TIA

Yes...have been to St.Pete/Tampa area. Are you looking to go for Shabbos? Keep in mind there are no kosher restaurants there.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 2:37 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

TIA

Yes...have been to St.Pete/Tampa area. Are you looking to go for Shabbos? Keep in mind there are no kosher restaurants there.

Oh good, finally!! I'm just going from sun-thurs. what attraction are there? Any kosher food in super markets? Can u tell me more about the place.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

TIA

Oh good, finally!! I'm just going from sun-thurs. what attraction are there? Any kosher food in super markets? Can u tell me more about the place.

Yes you can get kosher food in the supermarkets but not prepared kosher foods. You can definitely get by for a few days. There are a bunch of museums you may want to check out. Dali, MOSI, Holocaust Museums etc. I'm not sure if you feel comfortable with beaches but there is a nice one in St. Pete. There is Busch Gardens...maybe check out some of the Gasparilla attractions. What else are you interested in finding out about?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

TIA

Yes you can get kosher food in the supermarkets but not prepared kosher foods. You can definitely get by for a few days. There are a bunch of museums you may want to check out. Dali, MOSI, Holocaust Museums etc. I'm not sure if you feel comfortable with beaches but there is a nice one in St. Pete. There is Busch Gardens...maybe check out some of the Gasparilla attractions. What else are you interested in finding out about?

I'm going for the beaches, our hotel is on the beach. But if u know of a nice park and nice beach love nice scenic views, gardens anything with nature.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 6:30 pm
Bump

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 12:06 pm
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I really don't know of any specific nature activities you could do. There isn't a shortage of parks here so I'm sure if you google the parks nearby you can find a bunch with trails and picnic areas. Another option is that I know on Tu B'shvat they brought some of the kids to a nearby fruit farm (Plant City, maybe) and they were able to pick fruits. That could be a fun activity. I would google that too because I'm not sure exactly where it is.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:49 pm
is MIA/ FL now much more covid than NJ?

Good idea to vacation their now?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics