Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Freezer to crockpot

Pineapple

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 3:04 pm
I'm looking for suppers ideas that I can freeze then put in crockpot

It needs a protien and then starch or veggie (I don't mind making a quick side

Either low gluten or gluten free
Must be fleishig
goulash is one idea I have

Thanks

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 3:49 pm
meatballs. form balls and freeze. freeze sauce separately. freeze cooked spaghetti separately.
pour sauce into crock. add meatballs. cook. defrost spaghetti. serve together.

you can also marinate chicken and freeze. then place whole baby potatoes underneath and cook.

or prepare sauce for shredded beef buns. freeze with meat and sliced veggies. cook and serve on buns.

you can measure out, chop, season, etc. items for soup. freeze. add water and cook.

1Life2Live

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:04 pm
I've wanted to try some of these recipes. Especially the moroccan lamb...

http://mamaandbabylove.com/201.....eals/

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:51 pm
I just made the BBQ chicken from that site:
http://mamaandbabylove.com/201.....ipes/
but have not yet cooked/tasted it Smile
[I used 2 lbs of chicken per bag instead of 1, because there is no way 2 legs and 2 thighs is enough for the 6 of us.]

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 11:41 am
Thanks so much for posting I love this idea. I dont have a huge freezer so to store ziploc bags instead of full pans is much more convenient.

MGmom

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 11:48 am
Chicken, beef, or turkey stew with any veggie works great and very versatile

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 1:59 pm
Could I prep and freeze any crockpot recipe that I would normally make? Is anything off limits? I am really starting to like this idea.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 2:07 pm
Pretty much Very Happy

I'm not sure if the unstuffed cabbage I make would work well with the cabbage frozen, but the meat frozen in logs in the sauce could probably be added on top of the cabbage in the morning time.

I would totally do stews, soups, etc.

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 2:19 pm
I have made your unstuffed cabbage and it was a big hit. I love the idea of freezing but I dont want to use foil pans and I dont have a huge freezer.

My other problem is that we dont eat much meat during the week and all of these recipes are chicken based so I am going to look for vegetarian recipes online today.

1Life2Live

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 2:22 pm
check out onceamonthmom.com- all of their recipes are good for the freezer (but they aren't all kosher). They have TONS of vegetarian recipes and info about freezer cooking.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 4:05 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have made your unstuffed cabbage and it was a big hit. I love the idea of freezing but I dont want to use foil pans and I dont have a huge freezer.

My other problem is that we dont eat much meat during the week and all of these recipes are chicken based so I am going to look for vegetarian recipes online today.

Line your pan with a jumbo sized ziplock bag; put the food in that and put the pan in the freezer. When it's frozen, remove the ziplock from the pan. You'll have the food frozen into the shape to fit your pan.

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:58 pm
One last question. How do beans freeze? I usually use canned but would try dried. I was thinking of freezing my taco mix of blackbeans corn spinach and spices.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:09 pm
mha3484 wrote:

I just froze in ziploc bags sans pan.

1Life2Live

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:10 pm
Where can I find the unstuffed cabbage recipe? I've been trying to find an easy one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:11 pm
mha3484 wrote:
One last question. How do beans freeze? I usually use canned but would try dried. I was thinking of freezing my taco mix of blackbeans corn spinach and spices.
Dried beans freeze fine; that's where we store our beans for cholent. But we usually soak them before cooking which would mean not just dumping them in the crockpot.
Read the consensus here on pre-soaking vs cooking before freezing and do what you're more comfortable with:
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/708232

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:15 pm
1Life2Live wrote:
Where can I find the unstuffed cabbage recipe? I've been trying to find an easy one.

I put in my crockpot some coleslaw mix and diced onion.
I mix up the ground beef, egg, rice (I use Minute -- raw), garlic powder, black pepper.
I shape into largish balls and put over the cabbage in the crockpot.
I mix tomato sauce and brown sugar, and pour it all over the meat.

Cook on low for 8 hours.

Based on http://gfingf.blogspot.com/200......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics