Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Supportive bra with no wire?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:37 am
Looking for suggestions of a brand that makes good supportive bras without underwire. Different styles will work for different bodies but I guess a brand that makes them well would be a good place to start. Or a store in Brooklyn or Manhattan that sells them and will help me find a good match.

In the past I've gone to one of those well-known lingerie stores in Brooklyn that "fit" you privately, but they insist that THE only way to get any support at all is with a wire and they pretty much won't sell you anything good without one. But from what I've been seeing around the internet, on pregnancy/nursing boards etc, as well as product reviews, is that it is (or should be) possible to get support in a wireless. It's not like I'm a big size and need extra support, I'm actually kind of smallish (slim and C cup at the moment).

I need a regular or nursing bra, NOT a sports bra - I have a wireless sports bra that is nice and supportive and comfy for regular wear but my breasts are very sensitive due to pregnancy now so those are too squishy for me.

I crave comfort in underwear - preferably cotton, STRONG preference for wide straps.

Thanks in advance for any advice, I'm desperate for something comfortable that works! I tried a couple of soft wireless pieces from a random department store but they were not supportive, kept sliding around even though they were the right size... ugh.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:39 am
Can you get a sports bra in a larger size than your usual one?

I refuse to wear underwires. I wear sports bras almost al the time.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:56 am
I think it's the style of the sports bra that's bothering me as much as the size (though I do need to size up, too). Maybe not all sports bras are created equal but what I like about my regular one is that it hugs me rather firmly. And now during pregnancy I'm just so sensitive all over I need something more gentle. Even my soft, non-sports bra feels irritating on my nipples (that one's also a size too small now, I've grown but not as much as I did during my last pregnancy so now I'm smack in between the sizes and looking for something new because I never found anything I loved enough to buy again)

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 3:58 pm
Maybe you can use nursing shields to protect your nipples?

bwaybabe85

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 4:03 pm
Check Victoria's Secret

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 4:58 pm
if the bra fits you correctly, yu won't even know it's an underwire.

mommy27

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:19 pm
I really liked bravado bras and I'm a D cup. They were very supportive, to the point that I thought about wearing them even when I wasn't nursing anymore. There are a few different types. My favorites were the original and then there was another one that looked much more like a regular bra but I can't remember the name although I think it started with an m?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 10:14 pm
Chocolate moose, thanks for the encouragement but I guess you're blessed to not be super sensitive about these things. I've gotten pretty good, professionally fitted underwires and they are still only ALMOST as good as the no-wire.

Dr mom thanks maybe I'll try that. Any recommendation?never used any before so I don't know how they work and feel. Just my nipples always seem so tender when I get undressed... Sometimes during the day too but it's more noticeable when I undress and they go "ahhhh finally!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics