Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lack of Calcium???

JMto2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:43 am
My oldest daughter who is 3 1/2 is constantly getting up at night and saying she is ready to play or get dressed and then she is up with the birds in the morning. She also wakes up an average of once a week with leg cramps I was talking to a few people about this and they say that they think this is a lack of calcium and I should give her vitamins well I did start giving her the vitamins yesterday but I wanted to know if anyone else had such a thing??

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:00 am
I am sure she is getting plenty of calcium...

Maybe she's lacking vitamin D which helps in the obsorbtion of calcium into the body.. Vitamin D is stimulated by the Sun, in lue of it alot of people take suppliments

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:12 am
Could be…could be growing pains. I get the calcium OJ AND we eat yogurts, as well as whatever cheese we get in our regular diet. Do you have osteoporosis in the family as well.?

JMto2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:15 am
There is no osteoperosis in the family. I also thought its growing pains but it happens to often. I asked the doctor about what the pains can be and she said if it is not on the same leg I should not worry it is not on the same leg all the time.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:36 am
It could be other minerals as well....don't forget you have to take the calicum with other vitamins for absorption.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics