Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Books for preschoolers (recommendations)

Teacup9

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 12:36 pm
My son likes The Berenstain Bears (sigh), Clifford, Curious George and a handful of other books and like most four year old boys I imagine he generally wants to hear the same stories over and over. We have a wonderful copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with great pictures that he is slowly warming up to. What other books do you imamothers recommend for a four year old boy? I can't remember what longer books I started reading between Curious George and the typical girl Judy Blume/Beverley Cleary stuff. He doesn't really get Amelia Bedelia's puns.

That said do 2 year old girls appreciate books other than her brother's hand me downs? My two year old girl's favorite book is Caps For Sale and she still loves to read herself and her sister Sandra Boyton board books. The only "girl" book she has is Even Princesses Use The Potty (which I highly recommend.)

I'd love book on tape recommendations too. So far they are only interested in listening to stories they've heard before but I am trying to get them into listening to books without pictures. We have a Kindle app that reads fairy tales with pictures but it only works with Internet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers