Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Any idea what this is?

amother

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 2:38 pm
I have a 7.5 year old son who is volatile. If some does something he perceives as a social slight he attacks with such a vengeance. I was told by a teacher that he was slightly pushed over to another team in gym by a boy he is good friends with and he twisted this boys arm very hard. He is in a very individualized school and they are much more accommodating then any other school in my area would be. He is really having trouble playing in any way with kids from the neighborhood. When ever we explain what he did wrong he seems sorry and apologizes but then in the heat of the moment he does the same thing all over again. I'm embarrassed and really don't know what to do. I want to get him any help I can.

amother

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 2:40 pm
read the book 'the explosive child'

5*Mom

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 2:48 pm
amother wrote:
read the book 'the explosive child'

I second this, and then find him a therapist trained in Ross Greene's method to help him with emotional regulation and social skills.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)