Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Amazing tip

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 11:32 am
Just had to post this amazing tip in the simcha section. If the mods want to move it, anywhere is fine.

If you ever are looking for your shoes, haven't seen them in aweek, think: simcha. Two years ago, I went to a neice's wedding. after that, I couldn't find my dressy shoes for weeks and weeks. Oh no! It finally dawned on me that since it was on a freezing cold winter night, I had changed back into my boots, which I brought with me when I was leaving the hall. (No, during the freezing time I spent outdoors for the chupah, I had forgotten to put on my boots Wink ) anyway, remembering finally did me no good, because the hall did not turn up my shoes.

Fast track a couple of years, and I am once again looking for a new pair of shoes that I haven't seen in a week, although the house has been turned over twice. Suddenly a flash goes off in my mind! "Think Simcha", and yup this time that's where it was, in the bag that I brought to change to my shabbos shoes - can't walk many blocks in them- at my nephew's Bar Mitzvah! But this time, I had brought the bag home, so it wasn't a total repeat Wink

Okay, found my shoes, now I can go. Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 11:36 am
I'm not as fancy as you are; I'd wear the boots the whole time!

chen

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 2:10 pm
in my case I have to think simcho before going. I once had a simcho out of town on a Sunday, packed in a hurry motzoei shabbos and took off for an 8 or 10-hour trip.) When we got there, I changed into my simcho dress and hose, only to find...no simcho shoes! Which would have been ok had I been wearing plain pumps or even flats, but I was wearing THE most inappropriate shoes in my wardrobe--heavy clunky multicolor athletic shoes. with a street-length dress, no less. ugh! (At least I was not in the receiving line.)

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 7:04 pm
I had a feeling that I couldn't be the only one, but who knew that I had such great company? LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics