Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
You Can Be a Part of Kinus Klal Yisroel

mommy100

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 8:01 pm
If you'd like to take part in helping out with the major up coming
Kinus Klal Yisroel from your own home,

please email me at
blacknwhite300@gmail.com.

Take part in this amazing zchus and be part
of history!

Thanks!

random

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 8:11 pm
Is this different than the Asifa?

climbing613

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 8:16 pm
What is this?

mommy100

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 8:20 pm
We are setting up a telephone line for people to call in for guidance about filtering their internet. We need volunteers picking up phones to take a message and fill out a ticket online. A trained person will call them back. Nothing complicated. A phone call should take less than 2 minutes.

The next two three weeks we want as many people as we can to cover the many expected calls without it being overwhelming for the call takers.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 8:26 pm
Can I sign up for just specific days and times? How does this work practically? Are the calls forwarded to my phone number? If it goes to my voicemail, then what?

mommy100

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 8:29 pm
Yes you can give the time of day you are available. It is a automated system that is used by auctions so that if you do not pick up it gets passed on to the next person taking calls untill someone picks up or the main system machine picks up.

marina

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 9:09 pm
The internet is NOT the problem.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 9:28 pm
I'm going on the Aids walk in Central Park that day.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 8:04 am
mommy100 wrote:
We are setting up a telephone line for people to call in for guidance about filtering their internet. We need volunteers picking up phones to take a message and fill out a ticket online. A trained person will call them back. Nothing complicated. A phone call should take less than 2 minutes.

The next two three weeks we want as many people as we can to cover the many expected calls without it being overwhelming for the call takers.

Who is the we?

BTW, I don't know if it's that the internet is not the problem, or that the internet is not the ONLY problem. (Is that a link to the Teitelbaum article? K9 wouldn't let me open it, no time to override Wink )

I think it would be a tremendous zechus for Mishpacha if they would make last week's interview with R' Gottleib available in its totality on their website. At this point I'm not checking my brain in anywhere but I do have to be mevatel to the gedolim who are putting their lifeblood into this effort and, considering the scale this is on, putting their names on the line to make the points they want to about how we should deal with technology.

And yeah, a by-product will be a lot of people getting safeguards they wouldn't. Maybe our OP can explain a bit more who exactly she's with. Is this sanctioned and working with the asifa planners? Independent? Etc.

mommy100

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 9:55 am
I'm working together with the asifa planners. The line, called TAG is functioning for a while already runned by the same people. Since now they are expecting many calls they want to add temporarily more call takers.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 9:58 am
chocolate moose wrote:

I Heart you, CM.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 12:18 pm
mommy100 wrote:
I'm working together with the asifa planners. The line, called TAG is functioning for a while already runned by the same people. Since now they are expecting many calls they want to add temporarily more call takers.

Thanks for the clarifying. I figured if this got through it was approved but there was a part of me thinking that people could just be cashing in. I don't know if I can commit but tizku l'mitzvos and hope all involved see great pairos.

marina

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 12:42 pm
The point of the upcoming protest is that there are much bigger problems in the frum world than The Internet. For example, child abuse is a bigger problem. Where's the sold-out asifa on that one?

chani8

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 12:45 pm
marina wrote:

Here is an exerpt of what Marina was pointing us to:

On Sunday, May 20th, 2012, thousands are expected to gather in Citi Field for a rally against the internet. Join our massive protest outside the stadium as we take advantage of this unprecedented gathering to deliver our message: Rabbis, stop protecting child molesters!
We are fed up with rabbinical leaders' dismissive attitude towards s-xual and physical violence against children. The internet is not the biggest problem we face. Protecting children and bringing molesters to justice should be our number one priority.

We are ultra-Orthodox, Modern Orthodox, Reform, Conservative, secular, male, female, young and old. This is not an ideological issue. This is not an issue only for “insiders.” When it comes to the safety of our children, we must be united and unabashed in our actions

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 4:42 pm
chani8 wrote:

We are ultra-Orthodox, Modern Orthodox, Reform, Conservative, secular, male, female, young and old. This is not an ideological issue. This is not an issue only for “insiders.” When it comes to the safety of our children, we must be united and unabashed in our actions

Thanks for the abstract. I don't want to downplay anyone's pain but I can't help remember hearing a very chashuv rav on medical ethics last year describe a story where the best approach was understated and maybe abashed.
I think calling attention to this in proper ways is a fine idea. There have been kol koreis and initiatives and evidently it's not enough. But I don't think this is the time or place. You want these rabbanim to take action? Show respect. Don't dictate to them. Have the organizers of this protest tried to contact the gedolim behind the asifa? I need more info. If I could be in one place, it would be inside Citifield, not outside.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 5:33 pm
marina wrote:

Thank you.

chocolate moose wrote:

Fabulous.

Levtov

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 11:49 pm
If I could be in one place, it would be inside Citifield, not outside

Looks like women are exempt!!! We are all perfect!!

turca

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 12:54 am
I wouldn't waste a minute with this kinus... I agree with marina and whoever think that there are more important problems in the jewish word.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 1:53 am
Yeah, with Marina et al here. It is like stating bookstores are a problem because they contain erotica. Mind yourself.
People are the problem. Maybe we should all just isolate ourselves in separate caves.

emhabanim

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 7:16 am
why would the asiefa organizers want me, a mere woman to answer phone calls? Doesn't seem tznius and gender separated to me. If they can't manage to accomodate women at the actual event (which the siyum haShas can) and only offer me a " condolence prize" of a video hook up (would they ever offer that to the men instead of actual seats???? no way...) why value me and my abilities and my brains now??????

Maybe in a few years we will be having an asiefa about the crisis of teenage girls leaving their chareidi roots for a world that values them in every aspect and doesn't have a self made shidduch crisis.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics