Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How long does it take for warts to go away with potato juice

amother

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 3:25 pm
I'm the amother that posted about warts all over my daughter's face. I wanted to try the potato juice method before I try something more aggressive. How long does it take to get rid of a wart using potato juice and how many of you have had success with it? (I started applying it a few days ago but have not noticed any change yet.)

TIA!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 5:38 pm
what about a dermatologist ? if it was a wart or 2 on her feet, okay, try something natural. but her face?

amother

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 5:46 pm
It took a few weeks by us.

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:23 pm
OP here. CM - I will be taking her to a dermatologist, but I am trying this in the meantime. Actually, her pediatrician recommended that we leave them alone (although he said that the potato juice probably wouldn't hurt), but I will take her a dermatologist to get a more professional opinion.

gila-rina

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:42 pm
In my experience, the longer you have the wart for the longer it will take to get rid of it. If its working for you, you will notice it dry a bit and shrivel before turning black and falling off. Give it 2 weeks, using potato juice 2x a day.

mfb

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:36 pm
I dont know about potato juice but ive used havdalah wine for myself a long time ago and more recently for my daughter and both times it worked after a few weeks (8-10approx.)

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 8:40 pm
OP here. Thanks everyone for your replies!

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:12 pm
What Is potatoe juice? Where do u get it?

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 11:01 pm
OP here - I was told on my other thread to grate a potato and squeeze out the juice, so that's what I've been doing.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 1:17 am
mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:
I dont know about potato juice but ive used havdalah wine for myself a long time ago and more recently for my daughter and both times it worked after a few weeks (8-10approx.)
I also did this for my daughter. I think it took about two months, maybe less. One day she woke up and came to tell me that her numerous warts on her hand had shriveled to almost nothing.

shanie5

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 11:28 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:
I also did this for my daughter. I think it took about two months, maybe less. One day she woke up and came to tell me that her numerous warts on her hand had shriveled to almost nothing.

what do you do with havdala wine to remove warts?

s/o here posted about chulent meat-rubbing a piece on the wart and then burying it after shabbos. As the meat rots and disintegrates so does the wart. DD tried it and when I asked her a week or so later, she said there was no change. I forgot about it for a while. Then a few months later the topic came up and dd said the wart was gone. She had others which she didnt rub the meat on and they were still there.

gr8cook

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:00 am
I recently heard that Apple Cider Vinegar also removes warts. I am not sure how much and when you apply it, but I heard it works like magic.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 3:52 pm
shanie5 wrote:
mummy-bh wrote:
mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:

what do you do with havdala wine to remove warts?
Dip the said wart in the wine after the candle has been extinguished in it - my dd's were on her hands so it was easy enough to do

supermom!

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 10:35 pm
A not so commonly known, but ver effective method is vitamin A supplementation. Its not widely publicized by medical doctors because of the risk of toxicity at very high doses, but if you take the max allowable dose for a few weeks it will go away and never come back. My DH had a MAJOR problem on his feet and I told him to do this because its how I got rid of planters warts on my heals when I was little. It totally disappeared and never came back. And he had them so bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics