Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can I grill salmon on a clean fleishig grill pan?

Tech_mom

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 11:54 am
I want to make the salmon skewers that need to be grilled or broiled. I am not familiar with the halacha on whether it is permissable to use my fleishig grill pan to do this.

In general, if I cook fish open in the oven - do I have to be concerned with any fleishig residue from previous cooking?

if not, any good reccommendations?

1Life2Live

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:06 pm
I think it's ok as long as you eat the fish with fleishig silverware. We make gefilte fish in a clean fleishig pot and then serve it on fleishig silverware on Shabbos, so why would this be any different?

Tech_mom

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:10 pm
Thank you for posting a reply. In the interim moments when I posted my question and you replied, I googled the question and found this on the OU website:

It should be noted that though there is a sakana to eat meat and fish together, it is permissible to cook meat in fish kailim or to cook fish in meat kailim3. This is even true of a davar charif. For example an onion cut with a meat knife may be cooked together fish4. However, all of this is provided that the kailim are clean from all residue. It is not sufficient to merely wipe off a knife or spatula that was used for meat to then use it for fish, but rather it must be properly cleaned.

[url] http://www.oukosher.org/index....../url]

1Life2Live

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:15 pm
Glad you found your answer Smile The OU is a much more reliable source than I am. Sounds like you're making some yummy stuff!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions