Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Easy no bake cheesecake

cookielady

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 11:40 am
1 ready made graham cracker crust
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
2 c. milk
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can cherry pie filling.

In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk. Beat in pudding mix and sour cream. When smooth, pour into ready crust. Top with pie filling. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

(This was the very first cheesecake I made when I got married. It's easy and really delicious.)

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 11:44 am
yum this sounds good - and easy!!!! -

- do u think I cud replace the cherry topping with more sourcream and halves of grapes or does it need the sweetness?

cookielady

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 11:46 am
Twoisacharm wrote:
yum this sounds good - and easy!!!! -

- do u think I cud replace the cherry topping with more sourcream and halves of grapes or does it need the sweetness?

Top it with what you want. I think that should be great. You may want to mix a little sugar into the sour cream topping.

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 11:47 am
k - thanks!!!!!!!!!!

it shud be nice to try something diff for a change Very Happy

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 8:49 pm
cookielady wrote:
2 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream

In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk. Beat in pudding mix and sour cream. When smooth, pour into ready crust. Top with pie filling. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

(This was the very first cheesecake I made when I got married. It's easy and really delicious.)

looks good and easy! ty!

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 8:56 pm
Sounds yummy! I will definitely be adding this to my menu Smile Thanks!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 9:04 pm
cookielady wrote:
2 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream

have u ever tried to make this low fat? with low fat or fat free cream cheese and sour cream and skim milk?
have u ever made this parve? with tofutti cream cheese and cour cream and soy milk?

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 11:59 pm
Blueberry Muffin, just wanted to let you know that instant vanilla pudding does NOT set with soy milk.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 12:26 pm
Gonna try this one. In Israel so hoping it'll be good with slightly diff ingredients.

sleepwalking

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 12:30 pm
cookielady wrote:
2 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream

sounds yum and easy especially when I don't have a milchig oven! What can I substitute for the cream cheese?

AZmom09

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 1:26 pm
I plan on making this one
Ingredients:
8 graham crackers
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (at room temperature)
3/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Serves 4

Directions

(Before I start, I put my kitchen aid bowl in the freezer to chill, because it is supposed to be cold for the heavy whipping cream)

Put graham crackers in the food processor and pulse until finely ground. Put a small skillet over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of the sugar. Cook until the sugar melts and begins to caramelize. Add the butter and stir to incorporate and melt. Add the graham cracker crumbles and toss. Pour the graham cracker caramel clusters onto a baking pan and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute, just until smooth and free of any lumps. Gradually add the confectioners sugar and beat 1-2 minutes, or until creamy. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and beaters. Add vanilla bean seeds and lemon juice, beating until incorporated. The batter should be well mixed but not overbeaten.

In the bowl that was in the freezer, whip the heavy cream for 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.

Spoon the cream cheese mixture into 4 (3 1/2 inch*) ring molds on small serving plates. Level off the top with a butter knife. Chill for at least 40 minutes or up to overnight, until set.

Top with graham cracker clusters and carefully remove the ring.

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:42 pm
Okay, I made the original recipe on this thread, and it didn't set. I'm gutted Sad Looked so tasty. It was all smooth and I pour it into the crust, and the vanilla pudding mix just accumulated and rose to the top in blobs. Now there's a runny milky cheesy mix (which tastes yum though) in a pie crust in my fridge. Any idea how to thicken it? (I may have to post a new thread I guess if people don't see this.. but I'll try this first)...

Thanks Smile

smss

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:18 pm
riff, if you are using Israeli ingredients, it might help to just use an Israeli recipe instead of converting. I think there are a lot of no bake cheesecakes with gevina levana and that type of thing here - do a search

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:28 pm
Thanks smss! I used actually cream cheese, and it looked like 'chutz l'aretz' cream cheese... but maybe it's still different, and the vanilla pudding mix too I guess!

Annie

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:41 pm
can you freeze it and make it "ice cream like"

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 5:07 pm
Phew - it was okay in the end! I was just being impatient, it set after a few hours in the fridge.... I really couldn't see that happening but it did...!! Looks so delicious with the pie filling on top... roll on shavuos! (or breakfast tomorrow morning embarrassed )

artsy

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 5:12 pm
can this recipe be frozen???

tia

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 6:09 pm
I don't think so. It's being set by the instant pudding which may break down when frozen.

artsy

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:27 am
ok. thank you so much for reply

mamaleh

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:38 am
I can't speak to this recipe but I have definitely frozen instant pudding (ice cream pie😁). I would serve it still partially frozen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus