Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Mrs. Zigelbaum's Cakes

shopaholic

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:06 pm
Does anyone in NY know how to reach Mrs. Zigelbaum who makes those really nice cakes for simchas? Thanks.

Motek

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:39 pm
I emailed someone who responded:

Mrs. Sigelman 718 438 0772

queen

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 2:43 pm
will be waiting for a piece!!!!!

shopaholic

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 4:49 pm
Sorry, I'm not ordering. Just wondering if she has a hechsher because I'm looking into making nice cakes (different style to her's). Maybe someone knows if she has a hechsher or not.

didan

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 5:11 pm
B"H

momof3, are you starting a business? The cake thing sounds like a great idea! It's something that's always in demand, and lots of fun to do!

queen

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 8:23 am
momof3- that's o.k...... I'll be waiting for a trial 'test run' taste! Very Happy

shopaholic

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 11:50 am
no prob queen. Yeah Didan I'm thinking of it. Just gotta get a little more organized. You think ppl will order even without a hechsher?

didan

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 10:23 pm
B"H

I think if it's an official business Halachically it needs a Hechsher. I could be wrong, the best thing is to check with a Rov.

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 9:43 am
She has a Hechsher. I saw an advertisement.

shanie5

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 1:20 pm
momof3 wrote:
no prob queen. Yeah Didan I'm thinking of it. Just gotta get a little more organized. You think ppl will order even without a hechsher?

friends will. my cousin does this and she cant afford the hechsher yet. they are also very makpid in ny with the hechsher-like having a separate kitchen just for the bus. (I think that is what she told me anyway.)

so-did u fet the hechsher, did u open up?

S.Shcwartz

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 1:37 pm
If your cake is gonna be like ziegalman't cake I'll IYH buy every week! I crave for it every night! good luck.

cindy324

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 9:12 pm
Reminds me of the time my friend and I decided we'e gonna make that cake for Yom Tov! Between the two of us, with two mixers, it took us 4 hours to complete!! And that was without frosting the outside. we had to refrigerate it first overnight and then frost. Tired just thinking about it.

BTW if anyone wants to try, the recipe for the caramel brittle loaf is in the Balabusta's choice cookbook. Pick a day when you got nothing else to do!

shoy18

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 9:16 pm
Her cakes are amazing, I went there once to pick one up and they literally make them in a giant fridge, their whole setup is in a fridge room

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 9:35 pm
Just this week there was a sizable ad either in the Hamodia or in the Yated announcing who the baal machsher for Ziegelman's cakes is. I don't recall the rav and I already threw out the newspapers. You can always call Mrs. Ziegelman herself and ask her that question. It is not insulting; it is part of business!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 11:02 am
I saw the ad this week too. Made my mouth water. I've decided not to go into the business. If a friend calls me & asks me to sell them a cake, ok, but I don't ahve the time or patience to be making them often. Instead, I stick to family b-days & I'm currently taking the 2nd Wilton course.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 11:16 am
Yeah, momof3, you should think real hard b/4 you embark upon such an undertaking. My sister used to work with Mr. Siegelbaum in one office many years back b/4 cakes became their business. He used to bring the most delicious cake treats for the office to taste, that his wife baked. Then she was just a balabusta baking for her family. Eventually, she started baking on a small scale commercially. She quickly outgrew her kitchen and needed much larger facilities. Today, her husband and she (and I imagine a full staff) are fully involved in this business and it has taken over their lives.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen