Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HELP!! Cleaning lady broke pc of my 1 yr old Miele Vacuum!!!

mommish613

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 11:58 am
My DH is not so happy, that thing cost us 1,000 $$$
Shes not so gentle with it, and he predicted something would happen eventually....

ANY ADVICE?????

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 12:02 pm
sounds like you have the same cleaning lady I used to have! She broke/lost pieces a number of times.

I replaced them at Tov Electronics. Usually the place where you purchased will sell attachments or service the machine.

mommish613

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 12:17 pm
yes, I know they can be replaced, but I need advice how to tell her and make sure it doesnt happen again. Dont get me wrong- she got scared when she showed it to me. Aparently none of them want to be responsible for breaking things. DH is ready to let her go (uses too much paper towel and cleaning products...) but its just too overwhelming for me to think of that....

marina

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 12:32 pm
maybe buy a vacuum for $ 80 next time

auntie_em

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 1:19 pm
read my mind.

mommish613

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 1:21 pm
been there, done that on and off for the last 10 years...figured this time I was making a long-term investment with the 10 yr warranty and really does a much better job than the cheaper vaccums...

embarrassed

auntie_em

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 1:26 pm
I see what you're saying but having to use a vacuum gently is not something most people would think of.
Not that you should slam it around but a vacuum is a heavy-use kind of thing.

I'm sure the cleaning lady feels terrible already. I'm not sure it is necessary to say something to her so she knows not to do it again. She just probably never encountered a fragile vacuum before.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:01 pm
I have my miele for two years and already put 200 dollars into repairs. Only the cleaning lady uses it and once a week for a tiny apartment. Maybe it's not your cleaning lady maybe it's the miele?

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:01 pm
AMAZING STORY!!

There is an organization here that helps women after they give birth. You can buy pre made food, get bbsitting help & a girl come to clean for a couple of hours. A friend of mine had a baby right before me & referred a specific girl since this friend is very into cleanliness & said this girl was very good. Since it was right before Pesach I had her start with my fridge. Well....when she was done she said a piece slipped & broke. I know replacement parts are really expensive, but I said it's ok....till I realized that it was the bottom shelf, which really is necessary. She offered to stay extra, cuz she felt bad, so she cleaned my stove & part of my oven as well. Right before she left she showed me the bathtub, & when she dropped the shelf the tub got a pretty big chip. Now I rent, so I really don't know what to do about that one. She said it was really her fault so she'll pay for repairing these things.....I felt so bad, she really was very good & the piece slipped, but still......later that day I was trying to cook something & the gas on my stove didn't work! It wasn't even like she was hired help, she was sent to me as a chessed! Amazingly right after mincha my dh saw someone put up a sign that they had Amcor fridge shelves & drawers free for the taking! So he went & got a free replacement shelf! what hashgacha pratis!!! (the chip still needs patching, but dh asked a gas guy what to do about the stove & he was able to fix it)

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 9:45 am
cleaning ladies are always going to do stuff like that. (I'll bet you also break things) If they are really clumsy and that is causing a lot of stress and expense reconsider hiring them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry