Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Storage for hats, gloves, scarves, etc.

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 2:46 pm
Currently, the hats, gloves, mittens, etc. that I got out for the winter season are sitting in a pile on the floor of our coat closet. LOL I'm trying to think of ways to organize them so they'll be accessible. DH thought a plastic bin would be good. I thought one of those over-the-door shoe storage things would be good, you know the ones with lots of pockets. I found one that is clear. But it's too wide for the closet door. Maybe put it on the nearby bathroom door?

Any other ideas? What do you do in your home?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 2:49 pm
When we're in the season, these things go in pockets or sleeves. otherwise, a box or hamper is all I ever used...

Crayon210

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:12 pm
They sell hanging shoe racks that velcro around the bar of the closet and there are about ten little spaces for shoes. I use one in the front hall closet for winter items. If I'm not making sense, I'll try to find a picture online.

red sea

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:14 pm
I keep all that in a drawer in a wooden, but I would think a basket type of thing would likely be more used by kids than an over the door thing, they might still use the floor.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:15 pm
http://www.target.com/gp/detai.....EC1B0

Check out this link.

Last edited by Crayon210 on Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:15 pm
Someone I know just went shopping for some pretty hat boxes for just that reason!

In Amazing Savings, they have a big selection. These boxes make the closet look nice and put together.

jba

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 4:53 pm
they have stackable plastic drawers at Target. You can have one for each type of item. also they are the right size to go in a closet and not to high get in the way.

micki

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 6:17 pm
I have a mini dresser made of plastic, by sterlite- from walmart. its about 2 feet wide? and has 3 drawers. 1 for hats 1 for gloves and one for scarves and other stuff.

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 6:47 pm
First off I attach scarfs to coats so they r never ever lost! Secondly gloves are strung and thirdly hats are always tucked in coat so thats that. B'H they havent lost anything yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet poo poo poo Smile

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 7:57 pm
T4efilah, you're young yet.......

shopaholic

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 11:01 am
I also keep them in the sleeve during the season, but like right now when it's not so cold for gloves etc, but they are wearing the coats, I need to get something. Clear storage boxes or those hat boxes sound nice. For now they are in the kids' drawers but I'd rather they were in the coat closet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics