Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Q's on soy and pesticides

micki

Post Sat, Nov 04 2006, 8:39 pm
I just read an arcticle in the Natural jewish parenting magazine which makes me wonder.
there are no sources quoted so I am askin all the wise ladies here if anyone knows.
they say that soy for children is not good. not formula not tofu etc. something with it producing the estrogen horemone. how it may make boys look more feminized, ie slightly developed breasts (that was not in the arcticle I just remember that from somewhere else) that they basically are injesting estrogen.
whats the scoop on this? anyone know if its true?

also they had a study on organic foods- how when the kids ate non organic food they found pesticides in the urine.
but if its in the urine doesn't it men that it passed thru the body? so who cares if there IS pesticides. do pesticides build up in the body? if not then if they indeed do pass thru to the urine, then thats a good thing.

anyone have any insight here?

PinkandYellow

Post Sat, Nov 04 2006, 8:55 pm
I just posted a thread on q regarding soy milk. due to the info I got here I decided to do a drop more research. I found one website totally dedicated to how horrible soy is. a lot of other websites also casually mention how soy is not so good bec of the estrogen and pesticides and other bad stuff (I don't remember everything). also, after milk, soy is a close second in the list of (top eight I think) highly allergenic foods.

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 10:46 pm
so what is one suppose to use if one cant drink milk? and rice dream is ghastly!

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 10:53 pm
I'm looking into almond milk. very healthy, good fats and lots of good stuff in almonds.

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 11:03 pm
where can one go and buy some kosher almond drink?

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 1:58 am
I think you can buy it in a health food store but I want to try and make it myself and then freeze it. it seems very easy to make, there are lots of recipes online, if you google it, you should find.

red sea

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 12:40 pm
Almond milk some people use instead of formula although usually homemade, (real easy, just soak raw almonds in water long enough, squeeze, remove from liquid, you got almond milk) , I heard that soy is junk food, nothing more or less if it is not gmo.

Pesticides, I must have read the same or similar study as you, but yes, it is very highly concentrated in children since their bodies are smaller. Some of us here react to pesticides. The pesticide used on red foods - I think mainly tomatoes or peppers unsure, is actually illegal to use as of next year, they gave the farmers time to find a new one. The workers spraying it have gotten extremely ill from it.

The fda govt study has come out with lists of which produce to ALWAYS buy only organic (yes our very own fda, surpisingly Rolling Eyes they didn't advertise this too heavily) due to extremely high pestiside and chemical levels and a list on which not to waste your money on cuz they do not have any residue. There really is no rhyme or reason to the list other than the current farming methods.

Did you strawberries grown in the good ole US of A are illegal to import into many different countries? They are practically toxic that everyone else tells us we should keep them for ourselves.

In one article on this study with the urine pestiside study they asked 4 fda scientists who are heads of important things ,so what do you eat? 3/4 said they try to buy organic when available and practical but are not strict about it all the time. 2 of the 4 that are grandfathers added "but for the grandchildren we only use organic".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics