Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
DD with thick dry curly hair- help please!
Previous  1  2

WaterKissed

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:58 am
Try Dippity Doo until it hardens.

Then, brush and comb until all the guck is out.

Should leave the hair smooth and sleek.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:35 pm
studying_torah wrote:
is there a diva salon or a place that knows how to cut curly hair in lakewood?
I took her to a regular hair stylist in town and she butchered her hair so never again!

Frum hair stylists (I apology for generalizing) along with most hair stylists don't know what to do with very curly or thick hair.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 2:40 pm
sky wrote:
studying_torah wrote:
I took her to a regular hair stylist in town and she butchered her hair so never again!

Frum hair stylists (I apology for generalizing) along with most hair stylists don't know what to do with very curly or thick hair.

ita

if I could go back and do one thing differently, I would have spent the money on a cut from Ouidad in the city for a good cut when I started dating. I'd love to now, but cant justify it when I'm just going to cover it.

and to the OP, the lemon juice rinse is just that. lemon juice poured over my hair then rinsed out. you could also use apple cider vinegar but the smell is a bit strong.

and sorry about the curly girl website. Its not a website, google 'curly girl hair'. you will find lots of links with advice for curly hair based on a book I think. I never bought the book, just followed some of the tips I found online.

jross214

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:27 pm
I have very curly dry hair and my daughter has very curly dry hair as well.

What we do is, take a shower/bath, wash hair once or twice a week with either pantene for curly hair or herbal essence for twisted/curly.

Rinse out the shampoo and gently squeeze out the excess water.

We then apply conditioner (same as the shampoo) and finger or wide-comb through it.

Once we finger through it, we don't do anything else - we DONT rinse the conditioner or comb it again.

This last for two to three days. In the morning, we just use a little sink water with some conditioner (like if you were going to wash your hands with liquid soap) and run it gently over the top layer of hair which got frizzy over night.

Sometimes during the week, we wet hair in shower/bath but DONT shampoo it. Just redo the conditioner part.

Our hair is very long and curly. We also have some long layers cut in so that it lays nicely. Cutting it short was the worst mistake ever.

If we blow our hair out straight, mine is waist length and my daughters is butt length. My hair when dry and curly is about 2-3 inches below my shoulder and my daughter's is as well - her curls are much tighter than mine.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:33 pm
granolamom wrote:
sky wrote:
studying_torah wrote:

ita

if I could go back and do one thing differently, I would have spent the money on a cut from Ouidad in the city for a good cut when I started dating. I'd love to now, but cant justify it when I'm just going to cover it.

me too. When I was single I read one of their books but couldn't travel to the city just for a haircut. I did go to a salon they recommended but I don't think they did too good of a job. I think they cut my hair too short. My hair did best just very long. My curls were so temperamental you couldn't tell if it was even or not anyways or if there were layers.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:55 pm
op here- thank u e/o for all ur help!
I saw a hair care line by Palmer- the company that makes shea and cocoa butter products- a/o know if they're good? they claim to be for very dry hair so I was wondering....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics