Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Dining In On Pesach Tried and True

Tila

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 6:06 am
I know this is early (by about 8 months) but I am curious, what did you try from this book? I got it on sale just before pesach ended,read it, placed post it tabs on the recipes I want to try, and might even make some for shabbat (chicken recipes were photocopied). I want to make the yodels and the tiramisu.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:58 pm
Would you please post their yodels recipe? I tried one this Pesach and it tasted great but it couldn't be shaped into the proper shape.

Tila

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 1:54 pm
YODELS FOR PESACH (From Dining In On Pesach pg 217)
READ RECIPE FIRST. Requires steps over two days, not to make the drizzle or glaze on same day as making cake.
CAKE:
6 eggs seperated
1 cup sugar divided (1/2 cups)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon juice
3 TBSP potato starch
2 TBSP cocoa
icing sugar for dusting

CREAM #1:
16oz dessert topping
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

CREAM #2:
1 stick (1/2 cup) pareve margerine
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups icing sugar (divided)
2 egg whites

GLAZE:
1 lb of baking chocolate
2 sticks (1 cup) margerine

DRIZZLE:
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 tbsp or more of water
You decide which cream you want to use in your yodels. The one with egg whites or the one with pareve whipped topping. Make it.
CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a lipped cookie sheet with parchement paper set aside. Whip egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar beating until whites are stiff and glossy. Reduce speed and slowly add remaining ingrediants. Pour and spread on prepped cookie sheet. Bake for 13. minutes.

Dust a clean kitchen towel with icing sugar and invert cake onto it. Roll up cake and towel length wise, jelly roll fashion. Set aside until cool.

CREAM #1: with a mixer on high speed beat topping until until stiff Add sugar and vanilla.

CREAM #2: cream together 1 cup of sugar and margerine. Add vanilla. Add egg whites and remaing sugar and beat until smooth.

GLAZE: Combine all ingrediants in the top of a double boiler (a smaller pot in a larger one) simmer over low heat until melted.

DRIZZLE: put sugar and water in a zippered baggie, and smush until smooth. If too thick add a tiny bit of water to make a thickish but running consistancy. you will cut a small hole in the corner when you need to make squiggly lines on the yodels.

TO ASSEMBLE: Unroll cake remove towel, trim edges of cake to get rid of rough spots. Choose a cream of your liking, and spread it on. Cut the cake now in three length wise so you have three long strips. Roll each strip up as tightly as you can into a tube wrap in foil. You should have a long tube filled with cream not a jelly roll. Freeze over night. Cut each frozen tube into 2 1/2 inch pieces. put onto a cookie sheet, cover in glaze, freeze gain on cookie sheet, then drizzle the drizzle in zig zag lines.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics