Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Visiting Baltimore! Advice please

amother

Post Sat, Jun 30 2012, 11:11 pm
What are fun things to do with a two year old, places to eat, motel recommendation to stay at? We'll be there for only 1 day. Where's the Jewish community? Where's the safe part of the city? I don't want to book a motel and find out it's in a seedy part of town...made that mistake once before...

GingerSpice

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 1:30 pm
Mama Leah's pizza, Goldbergs bagel store, Dougies (meat) and more
No ideas about where to stay.
Places to go.. Storyville, downtown by the harbor can be fun if they like water/boats. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Enjoy your visit Smile

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 8:20 pm
Was planning on visiting this week actually, but I see there are massive power outages in Maryland and the surrounding states. Are those affecting Baltimore as well?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 8:38 pm
Yes, Baltimore majorly affected...whoevers without electricity 'ran away'...but I'm sure there are still things to do that are open (although probably majorly packed too) if you're passing through this way now anyway...

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:07 pm
not a good week to visit here. lots of us have no power and everything is chaotic. There really aren't any hotels/motels in walking distance to the frum community. Sometimes people stay at the Pikesville Hilton, which is nearby, a 10 minute drive to the frum community. Maybe just go to DC instead?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:21 pm
Got it. I've never been to Baltimore and thought it would make a nice stop because of the Jewish community. Next time!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
Yes, Baltimore majorly affected...whoevers without electricity 'ran away'...but I'm sure there are still things to do that are open (although probably majorly packed too) if you're passing through this way now anyway...
I'm not a nobody!! I have no electricity, have been sweltering at home: 88 degrees inside!!

B"H for work.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 10:53 am
We stayed at the Ramada on Reisterstown Rd. Isn't that in the Jewish community?

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 11:26 am
the balitmore aquarium is very nice. it's not cheap, but it's definitely stroller accessible and they have A LOT of fish and other sea animals to see and most importantly, it's inside!

abby1776

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 12:06 pm
The attractions (Aquirium, Childrens Museum, Science Museum, etc.) are not near the Jewish Community its a 1/2 an hour drive. I dont know if there are any kosher places to eat near them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics