Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Should I buy this, would you? (waffle/gridle maker)

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 1:46 pm
Right now I have a waffle maker that makes two at a time. The plate doesn't come off, so it's a pain to clean. Since we have the waffle maker already, we use it for sandwiches too. I make waffles about every two months or so, but we use it very often for sandwiches. I was thinking of getting this, but I wasn't sure if I should. Money is not the issue, but it doesn't grow on trees. If I ask my dh he'll say yes because he let's me have whatever I want, but since I'm not spendthrift, I don't know what to do. The only cons I can think with buying it is, buying something when I already have it, even though it's better and bigger and I'll have to use my transformer which will only be a problem if it has a short wire because my transformer is in a cabinet and very heavy to move in and out. If anyone can tell me about this specific model or others similar to it, I'm all ears. Would you buy it if you were in my situation? Thank you for your upcoming input Wink .

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 4:08 pm
I had that a number of years ago when we were first married and HATED it. Then, I got something cheaper on amazon a few years back BUT the kids say it doesn't work as well with the removable plates as something that is one piece, that crimps togther.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 6:03 pm
Thanks cm, now I guess that makes me make a decision unless anyone else can give me any other feelings about this specific model.

Liba

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 6:16 pm
My mother had that exact one and it was great. It lasted a many years and made great waffles and nice grilled sandwiches as well. I was looking for exactly that for years and couldn't find it. Now I have a plain old waffle maker and a separate cheapie sandwich maker. If I could justify buying that waffle/sandwich maker now I totally would though. I love the fact that the plates are removable and washable.

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 6:44 pm
Years ago I had a Waffle maker with non removable parts. I hated it because it was impossible to clean. A few years ago my kids bought me a waffle/griddle with removable plates. I love it. I do sandwiches in it. We love how the waffles turn out. (you need a good recipe. The mixes are nasty.).

I personally would give away the waffle maker you have and buy the new one. (or save to send off with a kid to camp or yeshiva.).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics