Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss while while nursing

mom3boys

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 11:31 am
Need advice, would like to lose about 25-30 pounds, baby is 10 weeks old. Besides exercise, which have already started doing, what kind of limitations can I put on my diet without compromising the quality or quantity of my milk.

Please don't tell me it takes 9 months to put it on......., because I want it off as soon as possible.

JMto2

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 11:33 am
the healthiest diet while nursing is to eat healthy you do not need to eat junk or snack on junk things. Try and eat more protein then carbs. I have dieted while nursing you can PM me if you want.

cindy324

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 12:52 pm
I agree with JM. Lots of lean protein, low carb veggies , and limited amount of healthy grains. BTW, don't be surprised if after all that you won't lose much. When I was nursing , it not only did not help me lose weight, the scale refused to budge until I stopped nursing. Sometimes women hang on to their extra pounds until they stop nursing.

mom3boys

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 1:03 pm
my third I nursed till two, I don't think I can wait that long to get back into shape.

shayna82

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 1:16 pm
mom3boys wrote:
Need advice, would like to lose about 25-30 pounds, baby is 10 weeks old. Besides exercise, which have already started doing, what kind of limitations can I put on my diet without compromising the quality or quantity of my milk.

Please don't tell me it takes 9 months to put it on......., because I want it off as soon as possible.

it does take a while. the fat around your hips and stomach is the most stubborn fat. it will take a while. your ob can give you directions on how often and how much to exert yourself without compromising your milk supply.

I work out like a dog, and it has payed off big time. I can only speak from my own experience. throw out the junk food, no pizza, small meals 6 times a day, but healthy ones. I do lots of exercise in the form of elliptical training, kickboxing, pilates and weights. I am finally down to where I want to be, and im sure you can do it to. you need self control and motivation. it dosnt come off right away.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Oct 21 2006, 9:25 pm
I did Weight Watchers on my own, with the extra points for nursing moms.
However, because I pumped I noticed that when I didn't eat enough fruits & veggies or drink enough water, I had less milk...so make sure to eat enough!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 3:48 pm
bump

shlishka

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 3:58 pm
What does
Quote:
bump
mean?

mama247

Post Fri, Nov 10 2006, 2:23 am
I did weight watchers CORE after my last pregnancy and it was great. I didn't feel it affected my milk. (I have other friends who also did it. Only one said she felt it affected her milk. Maybe each person is different.) the great thing about core is that you can eat quite a bit (esp. fruits and veggies) and still lose. I think with nursing, the most important thing is to DRINK! I'm terrible about this, but I know it makes a difference in milk supply. Good Luck!

Chaya123

Post Fri, Nov 10 2006, 10:50 am
Is it true that it's harder to lose while nursing? My baby is 13 mths and I'm still nursing but on a strict diet. Also, could it be that baby feels the diet cuz she's been more kvetchy lately? I do give her lots of other foods so she has the option to eat whatever she wants.

mama247

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 1:35 am
Quote:
Is it true that it's harder to lose while nursing?

I think it really depends on the person. Some people swear that they lose weight BECAUSE of nursing. For me, and many others I know, I gain when I'm nursing and dieting is extremely difficult as I'm more tired and hungry.

Quote:
Also, could it be that baby feels the diet cuz she's been more kvetchy lately? I do give her lots of other foods so she has the option to eat whatever she wants.

You could make yourself crazy trying to figure out if it's the diet that's making her kvetchy or something else. But seeing as she's 13 months and she's eating whatever else she wants, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You've already given her all the health benefits of nursing that she needs and you deserve to be on a diet and make yourself feel good! If you want to continue nursing, kol hakavod, but don't feel guilty about dieting.

chavamom

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 1:46 am
Seconding the Weight Watchers with the extra points for nursing. I did it after #5 and it was great - I never felt hungry.

mom3boys

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 8:31 pm
Just a quick update. I have started a stricter excercise regiment and strated watching what I eat. I am very gald to say that I have lost 7 pounds so far. another 20 to go.

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 8:17 am
Eat healthy and drink lots of water. I gained enormous amounts of weight, sometimes seventy plus with each pregnancy and lost it. As soon as I had teh baby I would cut my calories down to 1700 per day and drink tons and tons of water. On shabbos I would allow myself a few small treats but that's it. It gets harder and harder to lose the weight with each kid so try to get it off asap. I feel for you honey. IMY"H with #4 I am going to try to keep it down to twenty five pounds max...I don't want to have to lose major weight after baby again.

Hatzlocha Hatzlocha Hatzlocha!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 8:55 am
busymommy wrote:
What does
Quote:
bump
mean?

it makes the thread go up so people can answer it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise