Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Amazing cake decorating ideas!

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 4:24 pm
http://cakespace.blogspot.com/

shopaholic

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 11:49 am
Thanks so much. I love to make cakes so this is great.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 1:11 pm
Thank you for posting. I love to look at cakes. :-D (And eat them too, but that's a different story.)

chen

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 1:26 pm
you guys find these creations appealing? to eat, I mean? they scream "crisco-and-sugar-and-Blue#40" to me. If I want art, I'll go to the museum. For eating, I'll take the cake that looks like a cake, not a sculpture. (and how does bal tashchis factor in when we know that most people will leave the frosting behind?)

I discovered at an early age that if I want a cake that tastes good, the best bet is the cake that looks humble, not the one that's all farpootzed (dolled up).

Not a bad philosophy when looking for a shidduch, either, come to think of it. LOL

Crayon210

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 1:59 pm
I have heard that lots of these gorgeous cakes actually taste very good too.

queen

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 5:00 pm
Thumbs Up

shopaholic

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 9:20 am
Excuse me - my family loves mine! Some do taste gross, some don't like fondant (I do!) but overall, my white cake with filling, buttercream frosting, everyone likes.

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 12:57 pm
chen wrote:
I discovered at an early age that if I want a cake that tastes good, the best bet is the cake that looks humble, not the one that's all farpootzed (dolled up).

I agree with you. I generally do not enjoy bakery cakes, fancy or not. They just don't taste as good as homemade "humble" cake.

I don't make fancy cakes. I just came across this website and was amazed by what people can make and I knew that some women on this website make cakes like these and might like to see them.

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 1:00 pm
and I just love to see what peoples imagination can come up with.

thanx for sharing

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 1:05 pm
shanie, as a caterer, do you fill orders for fancy cakes? do you decorate them yourself/

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 1:19 pm
nope-I just order them.

I bake delicious but simple. most of my work is with cooking, not baking Wink

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 3:22 am
Quote:
Thank you for posting. I love to look at cakes. (And eat them too, but that's a different story.)

Ditto LOL

Marion

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 1:58 pm
I make fancy cakes too...in fact, just before Rosh Hashanah I spent 3 days working on this:

I like "patchka-ing", as one of my friends would put it. And people like getting my cakes. For me it's much easier to make a cake for someone for a special occasion than it is to think of a gift. And not everyone leaves the icing/frosting on their plates. (It's my own favourite part...)

And no occasion is complete without something special...this is the one I did for my son's pidyon haben:

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins