Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
ATKINS DIET

HappyPurim

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 9:30 pm
I would like to start the Atkins Diet next week, anyone have good recipe ideas? or success stories?

FINKEL

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 10:13 pm
I tried it more then once, it works if you stick to %100

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 10:22 pm
I did really well on it, better than any other diet...of course you have to stick with it....I was on it for a year and then after my wedding got off and well..it pretty much all came back. I am planning on going back on it after my baby is born G-d willing next month.

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 10:25 pm
atkins you have to do for life time or in combination with excersise. most people will lose weight on atkins but when they stop they gain it all back. a friend of mine went on it, lost a good amount of weight, and then went off and gained it all back and then some. so you gottan stick with it and excersise otherwise it will be a waste of time

nicole81

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 11:01 pm
It definitely works, but can you imagine eating that way for the rest of your life?

Estee2

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 11:03 pm
Probably better to just count calories and exercise, so
once in a while if you want chocolate and cheesecake,
you can splurge and not have a huge problem.

I can't imagine giving those things up for life.

I'd rather work out, burn 200 calories and then have a nice snack ! 8)

amother

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 1:12 pm
I've lost on atkins numerous times and if after u lose ur weight u eat sensibly then u wont gain back ur weight. I know many pple on atkins, weight watchers, south beach ect that lo0st and gained it back basicly while ur on a diet stick to it strictly IT WILL WORK. when u get off any diet u have to eat sensibly and weigh urself weekly to never let it get passed the 3 lb mark.
Atkins ideas: cheesecake wityh farmer cheese, eggs, sour cream , splenda. blitzes doing the crepes with a drop of soy flour and filling with farmer cheese. cold cut salad with lettuce kirbies avacado(a bit) red onion ( a bit) dressing mayo , parsley, garlic lemon juice and splenda
fish or chicken cutlet fried up with just an egg coating

Piper

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 8:31 pm
This is the only diet that works for me, as I am 'insulin resistant'. I have been on it for almost 3 weeks and I have lost 5 pounds.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 8:40 pm
In general, diets don't work. You have to make a lifestyle change. I lost 32 lbs but it wasn't from a diet!

Piper

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 8:56 pm
what did you do?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 9:00 pm
Made a major lifestyle change.

No more carbs except at dinner, no more kugels or fried foods, and no more baking except for very special occasions.

Much more fruit & veggies.

I've kept off 25 lbs. Since 2004.

happymom

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 9:00 pm
I dont think its a very healthy diet!

hey its me

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 10:07 pm
I think a healthy diet is the best!!!

I ate bran flakes for breakfast, boiled egg or tuna with few rice cakes 4 lunch and a sliced tomatoe, supper watever I make and I eat the protein part of it with lots of veggies. if hungry in between eat fruits and drink lots of water..

my baby is 6 months iv lost 30 pounds 10 more to go!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 10:39 am
My diet is heavy on fruits and vegetables. Then protein. It’s lighter on fats and carbs.

Exactly as the food pyramid teaches us!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 10:52 am
Like ChocolateMoose, I also try to follow the food pyramid. I generally eat a bowl of multigrain cheerios for breakfast (THE SERVING SIZE), a salad for lunch, and a dinner that usually consists of chicken and homemade veggie soup. Snacks are only fruits and vegetables - sometimes a girlscout cookie if the craving won't go away.

Lots of people have the misguided notion that if you work out, you don't have to eat so healthy and that you can cheat - this isn't true! Even if you're exercizing, you still need to eat healthy.

To lose one pound, a person must burn 3,500 calories more than are consumed (500 calories per day over the course of a week). For example, reducing calories by 300 per day and increasing daily activity to burn off an additional 200 calories should result in a weight loss of one pound per week.

If you're not doing this, you're not going to lose any weight!

carrot

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 3:25 pm
the food pyramid is based on grains. so chocolate, it doesn't sound like you are following it.

in any case it was made up under pressure from the grain farmers. there is no real basis for it and I think I heard that it was changed recently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise