Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need support!

Chaya123

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 3:29 pm
I'm on a strict diet and really losing. I'm going to a nutritionist once a wk and following her strict healthy diet. It feels great to lose but it's soooooooo hard not to be able to eat all those goodies. I was at a tea last night where they had the most delicious food and everyone was eating and I couldn't eat. Whaaaa!!!!

Crayon210

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 3:29 pm
Good for you! You'll feel great not just in terms of how you look, but also in terms of health and energy.

Hatzlacha!!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 3:57 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
I'm on a strict diet and really losing. I'm going to a nutritionist once a wk and following her strict healthy diet. It feels great to lose but it's soooooooo hard not to be able to eat all those goodies. I was at a tea last night where they had the most delicious food and everyone was eating and I couldn't eat. Whaaaa!!!!

I went to a melave malka this week and didn't eat anything b/c it looked so unhealthy and fattening. I had a cup of water because I don't drink soda (not even diet!). I went home and had some low-fat ice cream as a melave malka! I felt great that I didn't let myself indulge just b/c everyone else was

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 3:59 pm
If you never eat that kind of food, you won’t crave it anymore. However, sometimes just having a bite satisfies cravings.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 4:41 pm
chocolate... unfortunately this is not always the case..

I had stopped eating bread, I had not eaten it for a long time but the cravings never stopped.. I started again.. same with chocolate... and a bite does not always satisfy the cravings. s/times it does but not always..

withhumor

Post Mon, Nov 20 2006, 6:45 pm
Quote:
Whaaaa!!!!

purplegirl

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 5:02 am
Wow! Chaya, you are so strong! I wish I had that kind of willpower! Mr. Green Think of it this way - you're not eating all of that yummy stuff now (you'd feel guilty anyway) but you're saving it for when you're thinner and healthy - then you can have those foods in moderation. I always think about it that way - the cheesecake will still be there, it's not going anywhere. I'm gonna lose weight and then have a slice.

Good Luck!

(Imagine a smiley with pompoms cheering you on!)

besimcha

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 9:50 am
I don't know what kind of diet you're on - like, are certain foods forbidden, or do you count calories etc - but if applicable, you could try and substitute healthier, less fat/kcal-versions of your favourite food. Like substituting applesauce for oil in baking, frying in water instead of in oil etc. If this is something that would help you, pm me for ideas - I have been doing this for a while and come up with different things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise