Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What do you think of these books?

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 11:47 am
How To Raise A Healthy Child In Spite Of Your Doctor by Dr Robert Mendelsohn. - I read it, I liked it. Some of the information is outdated by now but the general approach and advice is good.

Healthy Child, Whole Child Integrating the Best of Conventional and Alternative Medicine to Keep Your Kids Healthy (Hardcover)
by Stuart H. Ditchek, Russell H. Greenfield, Andrew Weil M.D., Lynn Murray Willeford
- I haven't read it. Someone recommended it.

Motek

Post Fri, Nov 17 2006, 10:54 am
Does silence mean that nobody read them?

That's surprising to me when many mothers have expressed an interest in alternative medicine and natural parenting!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Nov 17 2006, 11:13 am
I have heard of Andrew Weil, but nothing that I remember specifically, sorry.....

ceo

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 7:41 pm
I read both of these books. I have Dr. Mendelsohn's book and liked it, but it's pretty outdated. I wish his "talmidim" would write an updated version. One of his students lives in my neighborhood and has been very helpful in giving me advice when my son is sick. He told me that the best way to make sure your kid gets re-curring ear infections his to give him antibiotics!

I read HEalthy Child, Whole Child about 2 years ago. I don't remember too much about the book, but it spends a lot of time discussing problems with anti-biotics.I vaguely remember that this book didn't give so much practical information, but more theoretical. But again, I don't remember it so well

mother48

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 8:12 pm
how do you treat an ear-infection?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics