Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help 4 months after baby still have 45 lb to lose!!!!!

mumof1

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 1:49 am
I need any tips you have to help me lose weight I am 4 months post partum and have 45 lbs to lose still, I am nursing this is my first baby and I am going out of my mind!
dh is so sweet about it but I can tell he would love for me to lose this weight already... my problem area is my tummy as you all know its not easy to get it down!
id love any tips or help you can give me
tia!!

besimcha

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 10:20 am
I recommend www.sparkpeople.com. Other than that - eat "efficiently", I.e. eat foods that have a lot of nutrients and not so many calories and fat. Whole grain products, lots of fruits and vegetables, low fat milk products, skinless chicken breasts, fish, legumes and soy products. I have found that oatmeal is really great, it keeps you full and is so good for you, I just love to eat it. Exercise is important as well, I can tell you that personally, I just cannot exercise for various reasons (or probably don't make it enough of a priority), but by walking everywhere and trying to lead a generally active lifestyle, long walks on Shabbos etc, together with good nutrition, I've lost a nice amount of weight B"H. But if you're willing to exercise, that's great. You could get an exercise dvd/video so you can exercise at home and whenever is good for you.
If you crave specific foods, like chocolate or sweets, often substitutions can be made in recipes without compromising on the taste. You could use applesauce instead of fat in baking, sweeten with juice concentrate instead of sugar, substitute milk for cream where applicable, egg whites for whole eggs etc.
If you would like more ideas/specific suggestions, please feel free to pm me, I will be happy to help.
And most important of all: Enjoy your baby and remember that you're a beautiful yiddishe mama - isn't this the most awesome thing and worth every pound?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 10:45 am
How much weight did you gain? Was your baby especially big?

Maybe you'll lose it faster with nursing than other women do....

hey its me

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 7:48 pm
I gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy, my ds is 6 half months and I still have 8-10 pounds to loose!!!

I stopped nursing wen ds was 7 weeks and now im eating very healthy the weight that iv lost came off mostly in the past 2 months!

I think u should write urself up a healthy plan and stick to it!!!!

I also go swimming once a week and walking twice a week!

its very fustrating but if theres a will theres a way!!! u can do it!

shayna82

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 8:08 pm
Firstly, being four months postpartum is hardly even a recovery time. Give yourself a year before you become obsessive about it. However, thats not to say that you should change some lifestyle habits:

1. Eat smaller portions, its tempting to go back for more, ask yourself if you are really hungry, or it just looks good and you want some more. I started doing that, you really are full from one serving, its the look of the food, the smell that wants you to come back for more, not hunger at that point.

2. If you dont have it in the house , you wont eat it. stop buying high calorie snacks. and dont bake as much too.

3. Exercise. I started the gym after my son was 6 months, Ive beenthere ever since (3 years) it has helped me a lot in every aspect of my health.

dont be so down on yourself, cuz then you end up eating more from being depressed about it.

Good luck and I d be happy to help you

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 8:12 pm
hmm, son 3 years old still got 30 pounds to lose..................

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 8:50 pm
I know the extra weight probably is getting to you, but it takes time to lose weight gradually-which is the only way to make sure it stays off!

4 months is very short. Could you give yourself some goals? Like, See if you can lose a pound a week or a pound every two weeks....small steps that add up. In less than a year, you could lose all that weight (and a year passes fast when you have a newborn who becomes a toddler almost overnight!)

Personally, I found that nursing my baby on demand (and all night too-LOL) helped me lose weight pretty fast, but everyone's different.

Good Luck Tongue Out Wink and enjoy your babe 8) LOL

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 8:51 pm
shayna82 wrote:
Firstly, being four months postpartum is hardly even a recovery time. Give yourself a year before you become obsessive about it. However, thats not to say that you should change some lifestyle habits:

1. Eat smaller portions, its tempting to go back for more, ask yourself if you are really hungry, or it just looks good and you want some more. I started doing that, you really are full from one serving, its the look of the food, the smell that wants you to come back for more, not hunger at that point.

2. If you dont have it in the house , you wont eat it. stop buying high calorie snacks. and dont bake as much too.

3. Exercise. I started the gym after my son was 6 months, Ive beenthere ever since (3 years) it has helped me a lot in every aspect of my health.

dont be so down on yourself, cuz then you end up eating more from being depressed about it.

Good luck and I d be happy to help you

totally agree! Great tips... Idea

amother

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 10:10 pm
I would recommend finding an excersise program that works for you and stick with it. For me I started doing the treadmill and it worked bec. I did it at home so I didn't need to leave the house and I didn't need a babysitter. I lost more weight than I planned on about 15 pounds and I felt great and never looked better. Also when my dd was 11 months old and I found out that I was preg. again I couldn't be happier bec. my first reaction was I can't believe I am preg. I still did not lose the weight from the first pregnancy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise