Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Public thanks to Hashem for finding a lost object

agreer

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 11:57 pm
I would just like to publicize the fact that I lost something very valuable tonight, said the tefilah in the link below, and had it returned to me within 2 hours.

http://www.shemayisrael.com/or.....r.htm

I lost 3 rings in a public restroom of a hospital, including my engagement ring, and I was devastated. I searched, cried, and begged Hashem to return it to me. I said the tefila and pledged to give tzedaka liluy nishmas rabbi meir baal haness.

The nurse on duty saw me crying and tried to be sympathetic, but he told me to face the fact that the rings were probably gone. I called my mother in tears, too apprehensive to call DH and ruin his night (he was out with some friends), and she told me to file a report with the security officer in the hospital. I was in middle of filing the report when another nurse approached me with my missing rings! She said the daytime nurse must've put them in the front desk drawer.

I don't know why this happened to me, but if I can raise awareness over these three points, I think I would feel good knowing something could be gained from this experience:

1) Never give up hope. I didn't, though it was surely ebbing, especially as time went on, especially after nurses and cleaning staff and security officers looked at me with pitying eyes.

2) Never stop talking/davening to Hashem. Even before I got the rings back, it felt good to cry and talk to Hashem.

3) Things happen for a reason. We cannot always know or understand their reasons, but things happen for the reason. I don't know why I had to cry and feel so awful. It could be that Hashem saved me from a bigger tragedy. It could be that I needed to learn to appreciate the things I have that I can sometimes take for granted. Or, it could be that the nurse on duty needed to learn a lesson that there ARE good people who do return things to others (he was gently trying to nudge me to "face reality"). Who knows? I know that we don't, but G-d does.

I hope that someone gets some chizzuk from this story.

Thank you for taking the time to read it.

shoshanarena

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 12:35 am
That's an amazing story! thanks for sharing!! and I'm so happy u found ur rings! Smile

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 1:04 am
that is amazing!! how ever I wasn't so lucky, I lost my rings and they never turned up even 14 years later I still hope and prey they will.

ElTam

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 9:23 am
I'm so happy for you!

hadasa

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 4:31 am
Thank you for sharing! I have so many stories about saying "Amar Rabi Binyamin", it's an amazing Segulah.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 4:44 am
I'm so glad you got your rings back!

Grandmama

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 3:53 pm
After losing a family heirloom ring many years ago at a simcha by the sink, I hardly ever again wear any real rings to a simcha, never put down rings by a sink, always put them in a pocket or in my mouth as I wash.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:35 am
This helped me today! BH

Grandmama

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:29 pm
Eight years later wow....

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:43 pm
Grandmama wrote:

Welcome back Grandmama - haven't seen you in a while! Hi

SisterSix

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:10 pm
Grandmama wrote:

Yes I didn’t realize until OP so casually mentioned her DH was out with friends. I was like Wait a minute?

Lol it’s a different world now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics