Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Are you a celebrity junkie?
Previous  1  2

rae gi

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 9:47 pm
Now theme song playing in my head.

Happy18

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 9:52 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I think the advent of Twitter has taken celebs off their pedestals. Every actor is now accessible, you can read about their daily goings on from your own computer monitor.

I agree, it has definitely humanized celebrities, granted I have no idea how twitter works but I know people who use it regularly.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 9:56 pm
Happy18 wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
I think the advent of Twitter has taken celebs off their pedestals. Every actor is now accessible, you can read about their daily goings on from your own computer monitor.

I agree, it has definitely humanized celebrities, granted I have no idea how twitter works but I know people who use it regularly.

Just because they're on twitter, doesn't make them any more accessible. Most don't follow you back, even if you tweet them a million times a day. So yea, they tweets things about their day in 140 characters or less, but they're not any more close to you than when they're on the screen.

P.S. - I have been followed, retweeted, and replied to by some celebrities. I doubt they even remember.

eatingbagels

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 12:04 am
Not a celebrity junkie but I love looking at pictures of pretty people and perhaps am vaguely interested in specific celebrities. Thought the recent Prince Harry scandal was hilarious, though! LOL Although a part of me wondered how bad he felt about it. (Or did he care at all? Must have been mortifying....)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 12:15 am
eatingbagels wrote:
Not a celebrity junkie but I love looking at pictures of pretty people and perhaps am vaguely interested in specific celebrities. Thought the recent Prince Harry scandal was hilarious, though! LOL Although a part of me wondered how bad he felt about it. (Or did he care at all? Must have been mortifying....)

I think the royals are in a different class than Kim K. Even if they have no power, there is something magical about princes and princess (or duchesses!) in this day and age! I admit that I have read my fair share of Diana bios!

What always makes me take a second look in People magazine at the dentist's office, is when they write about how much money child celebrities earn. The idea of 15 year old Miley Cyrus earning a million dollars at each concert, and doing 50 a year, plus more money from other venues, is something that I find amazing.

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 6:25 am
EmesOrNT wrote:
Happy18 wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Just because they're on twitter, doesn't make them any more accessible. Most don't follow you back, even if you tweet them a million times a day. So yea, they tweets things about their day in 140 characters or less, but they're not any more close to you than when they're on the screen.

P.S. - I have been followed, retweeted, and replied to by some celebrities. I doubt they even remember.
Hello its not them tweeting they have agents for that!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics