Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Science Project

MMEC123

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 6:55 am
Help! I am all out of ideas! My preschool is having basically an interactive science fair during Chanuka and I have to come up with a science project that relates to Chanuka (and preferably the five senses as well) and is not only a lesson we covered in class but can be done interactively by other students who visit the fair. All the ideas I thought of were taken before I got the chance (1) make an edible menora, 2) have different smells of chanuka in a covered jar and have to smell to guess, etc.). Please post all your ideas- I have to turn in my idea by Friday!!

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 7:20 am
Learn about oil and how it burns, different types of oil and candles, fire, make donuts and explain the workings of yeast.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 7:23 am
Learn about bees and how they make honey.
Make beeswax candles.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 7:56 am
Something about cheese? (Yehudis and the salty cheese...)

Nechamie

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 8:02 am
You can make oil experiments. Show how oil will always float in water. Here's a cool experiment. Freeze ice cube , thought make it blue or any color using drops of food coloring. Next fill 1/3 cup with water 1/3 cup with oil. Drop the blue icecube in the cup, and watch what happens. I t is really neat...first cube floats, since it is ice. Slowly it starts to melt and you see the color start to sink .. It is really neat. You can also show how fire needs oxygen to live. Light a candle and cover it completely with a tall glass cup, within seconds it'll lash out. You can display a few cups, some with a small hole in it (ceramic) and some with out...and have children experiment...Good Luck!

MMEC123

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 6:44 am
Thanks! Please keep the ideas coming!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics