Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  1  2  3  37  38  39  Next

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 12:19 am
First I want to thank you for all the prayers and messages of encouragement. The tehillim you all said the day before her surgery on July 30 was much appreciated.

I realized it has been a while since my last update, and I wanted to let you know that she is Baruch Hashem healing nicely from the surgery, but we are by no means "out of the woods" yet.

This Monday will be the first scans (MRI & PET) and will count as baseline, to be repeated every 4 months. Please daven that they do not find anything new. After that, she will get an IV push of one of her first-used chemo drugs, to be followed up by oral chemo of the type she had for the months prior to surgery, but this time she has to drink a disgusting liquid and take a pill. She had one round of that kind so far 3 weeks ago. We will do this every 3 weeks for about 6 months or so.

Other than that, she tries to go to school a couple of times a week and when she is too tired she watches from home online, with the wonderful video hookup to her classroom made possible by Chai Lifeline. Anyone wishing to contribute to Chai Lifeline and earmark it on her behalf can surely do so. They are a wonderful organization. You can tell them it is for Kayla Rus Eisenberg. Or just contribute, for general use, as they have helped many people in our community and beyond. Thanks so much.

On another note, a dear friend of mine, one who was instrumental in helping us with day to day stuff, and drove me to the hospital in the middle of the night when my husband had his brain bleed in December, has just had a recurrence of her colon cancer, after being clean for 6 years. It has metastasized to her liver and she will be starting chemo this week. This is a true aishes chayil, with 3 children and 3 grandchildren. A day did not go by when she did not text me to see how Kayla Rus was doing and ask if we needed anything. So please daven for Esther bas Tzipporah. Thanks so much.

boysrus

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 12:24 am
Thank you so much for the update obsessed dancer! We will keep on davening for a complete, speedy refuah. the treatment sounds nasty, I will daven that it should be the least pleasant it has to be for Kayla Rus. IYH the scans on Monday should only be positive. we will also daven for your friend Esther IYH

Thinking of yuo,
Hug Hug Hug

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 12:28 am
Thanks so much. Actually it's a little bit funny, my friend who needs the prayers is called Naomi, it is only her Hebrew name that is Esther bas Tzipporah. Go figure.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 2:22 am
Thanks for the update.
I continue to daven for your daughter's complete refuah! I have a daughter exactly the same age so this is near to my heart.

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 5:50 am
Thanks for the update. I'm daavening for her & have her in mind when I take challah.

zufriedene

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 7:10 pm
refua shleima min hashamayim bmheitr.
I have her inzineen every day/

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:20 am
Thanks so much for the update. A yungerman we were all saying tehillim for was niftar shabbos chol moed at 29 from a brain aneurism. A lady I was saying tehillim for a few years was suddenly niftar a few weeks ago. This past year my list dwindled down a lot R"L Crying .

Over Shabbos, I suddenly got very worried about your daughter, so I am very releived to see update

boysrus

Post Tue, Oct 30 2012, 11:09 pm
Hi obsesseddancer,
just thinking about you adn Kayla Rus. I daven for her every time I get a chance todaven shemone esrei or any other tehillim for cholim, and I just davened for her today when I took challah with a bracha.
Any updates, how is she doing? and how are you and your husband and the rest of the family?

looking forward as always to hearing besuros tovos,
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 8:29 am
Hi everyone, thank you again for your continued tefillos. The chemo regimen she is on right now is a whole lot more convenient than it used to be (IV once every 3 weeks with the rest of that whole week being oral), so while we are not driving to LIJ a whole bunch of days in a row, there is a downside. One particular drug she is on is giving her a difficult time with side effects. She can't taste her food anymore, numbness and tingling in her fingers, and severe jaw pain and body pain for which she won't take anything because she is only allowed tylenol (which doesn't work) and oxycodon (which she won't take because it fogs her head too much). She is also very fatigued. Seems like the pre-surgery chemo didn't give her as many side effects. So please continue to daven for us. On another note, we are all very depressed over the election results, as we were hoping our financial situation would start to improve under a new administration... so please daven also for improved parnassah. Thank you so much.

reportrmom

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 10:01 am
I have a daughter Kayla Rus's age and I think of you often. Davening for you and your daughter and your family.

B"H YOM YOM

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 10:09 am
You are an amazing, inspirational mother, which is where your daughter must draw her strength. Davening for Kayla Rus for a complete refuah shelaimah b'mehaira and yeshuos for all. Thinking of you, Gut Shabbos.

Skippy!!

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 10:11 am
Refuah shelaima!! I'm davening for her her complete recovery.

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 10:14 am
B"H YOM YOM wrote:
You are an amazing, inspirational mother, which is where your daughter must draw her strength.

Thank you but no, what little strength I have left, I draw from her. Where she gets hers, I have no idea.

yaeli83

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 10:52 am
Chaya Rochel, I think about you and your daughter often and wish her a refuah shleima bkarov.
you and your family should know of only besoros tovos.

I hope you have a good support system to lean on! I don't live in ny, but if there is anything I can do to help please ask. Many imamothers would be willing to go at any length to help you family.

are you being provided with meals for your family? transportation to and from the hospital?, places for her siblings to have fun and get away for a bit etc? this is so important for the well being of everyone.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 1:10 am
yaeli83 wrote:
Chaya Rochel, I think about you and your daughter often and wish her a refuah shleima bkarov.
you and your family should know of only besoros tovos.

I hope you have a good support system to lean on! I don't live in ny, but if there is anything I can do to help please ask. Many imamothers would be willing to go at any length to help you family.

are you being provided with meals for your family? transportation to and from the hospital?, places for her siblings to have fun and get away for a bit etc? this is so important for the well being of everyone.

Thank you so much for asking, it appears I have gotten distracted and not logged on in a while to answer this. As a matter of fact, we have been receiving some help from Chai Lifeline, a wonderful organization that many of you may have heard of, they help families going through what we are going through. But their funds have been stretched very thin due to the hard economy (like all of us), and so they have set up this link for us if you'd like to help. The most difficult logistical thing for us has been financial. I have been driving to and from the hospital myself (mainly because she likes her privacy and it gives us a chance to go at our own pace and leave when we are ready), and the gas and wear & tear on the car has been difficult. So if anyone wishes to help (and I really HATE to ask, and look forward to the future when I"YH we will be on the donating end rather than the receiving end), you can go to this link: http://www.chailifeline.org/ev.....unds/ and in part 3 where it says "Additional Information" you can specify that the funds be used to help the family of Kayla Rus Eisenberg.

Thank you again.

smiledr

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:12 am
Is there something special and her sibs want for chanuka that we can purchase via chai lifeline?

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 1:20 pm
Thank you so much for asking, that is exactly one of the things that Chai Lifeline does. They do give Chanuka gifts to the kids, and birthday gifts as well, but Kayla Rus was in the hospital for her surgery during her birthday last summer and never got hers. She wanted a Soda Stream, the kind that can be used on Shabbos, and so our Chai Lifeline case worker had told her that they would try to include that among the Chanuka gifts. My little boy is turning 9 at the beginning of January, and we completely skipped over his 8th birthday because my husband had just gotten out of the hospital after his brain bleed, plus Kayla Rus was in the early stages of her treatment... so this year we have to make sure to make a party for him, and Chai Lifeline had promised last year to help with the costs, but we just weren't able to organize ourselves to put it together, so this year we have to. That is why the Special Fund at the link above is so important, and so helpful, so anything that people can contribute would be so much appreciated.

Alternatively, checks can be made out to "The Special Fund" and mailed attn: Stacy (that's our case worker) to
Chai Lifeline
151 West 30th Street
New York, NY 10001 and write in the memo on the check, "For Family of Kayla Rus Eisenberg."

Ironically, before Kayla Rus got sick, she and her older sister used to go all around the neighborhood collecting for Chai Lifeline, and I think they won some kind of prize for collecting the most in their school. Little did we know... I think that was one of the most emotional things that happened right at her diagnosis, when Chai Lifeline people approached us at the hospital, and I was like, "No, we're not those people, we're the ones who give to YOU!" Then we became "those people" who need Chai Lifeline. They are the best friends you never wanted to have. I think if we make it out to the other side of this nightmare, I will probably start volunteering for them, I know my daughters will.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 2:43 pm
Thank you for giving us a tangible way to help. Wishing your entire family a freilichin chanuka!

YW123

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 3:01 pm
I will definately check that link out later in the day, but I just wanted to say that I am crying for you and I hope this is the last nisoyon your family we be dealt. I daven that Kayla Rus have a speedy recovery. I will also try bli neder to light shabbos candles a minute or two earlier (we are always going past licht and the two minutes will be treasured by Hashem, trust me) Please know that we are all thinking of you and that YOU WILL come through this!! Hold on tight. Keep us posted.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 3:01 pm
Thank you so much, and to all of you as well!
Page 1 of 39   1  2  3  37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed