Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Hit a dog with my car!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:03 pm
I'm asking here because I'm still worried about what happened.
I was driving a normal speed on a curvy street and right as I came around a curve, a dog ran out into the street. I practically stood on the brakes but still clipped him/knocked him over. I stopped the car and was just staring in (literally) open mouthed horror when the dog got up and ran back to the pther side of the street and went into his yard. That's when I really started shaking and crying.
Since he got up, is it definite he's ok?
A guy on a motorcycle (possibly an older son of the family who owns the dog since it looked like the dog was running for him when he jumped into the street) said he was ok when he got up. I pulled over because I was sobbing and shaking and saw the dog go into his yard. Unfortunately, an 8 or 9 year old who lives there started yelling at me and I sanpped and started screaming back that the dog shouldn't have been in the street. Real mature and productive, right?

(Ps I'm in Israel and it's BIG problem in my community that people just seem to let their dogs wander the streets during the day and they find their way home at "suppertime" so I was also a bit angry at the dog's family too)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:10 pm
I don't blame you for being upset but it's not your fault and you can only do your best to be a cautious driver.

My dog was killed when he once got loose and ran into the street. I was devastated but I don't for a moment blame the driver. That's what happens in the street cars drive.

I'm sorry you had to go through this. B"H the dog got up and walked away I don't think you should worry!

Just be happy it wasn't a human and that the dog is alive Smile

I once hit a kid on a bike. Now THAT was bad. Same issue though he came out of nowhere. B"H I didn't hurt him just the bike maybe but nothing even happened to the bike.

Either way not your fault and you can move on...... Especially since doggie is ok!

Didi

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 12:19 pm
Move on....I killed a cat on a back road at night in the pitch black. We all move on, it is still a joke in the family. Just be glad the dog jumped back up.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 12:22 pm
would a parent let a toddler loose in the street and then blame the driver who knocked him down? dogs apparantly have as much road sense as toddlers, so why blame the drivers?

naomi2

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 1:15 pm
Hug Hug Hug

amother

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 1:53 pm
Raisin wrote:
would a parent let a toddler loose in the street and then blame the driver who knocked him down? dogs apparantly have as much road sense as toddlers, so why blame the drivers?

If chas vshalom, you hit a kid, you wouldn't be shaken up and worried and possibly even crying even they were 100% ok?
I left this out in the original post, but this happened at the end of an already emotional day. DH and I had fought the night bfore which carried over into the morning and then a patient of mine was being dischargedf from the hospital after two months and couldn't stop thanking me and giving me brachot which also effected me emotionally.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets