Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ushpizin (the movie)
Previous  1  2  3  4

Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2006, 11:01 am
I didn't read the posts in this thread, sorry. but I did finally see the movie in our community center. both I and dh loved it (israeli version, english subs)

amein, downsyndrome, well said!

ny21

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 6:52 pm
I saw the movie at a shul and thought it was great

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 7:37 pm
I just watched it again on a DVD that a friend lent me. I enjoyed it all over again.

and the DVD has these fascinating extras like behind the scenes how the movie was made, how irreligious and religious Jews worked together, what it was like for Shuli Rand (Moshe) to get back to acting as a frum person

you can see people auditioning for different parts, scenes that were deleted, all the cast members singing "V'Ata Kadosh" ...

mali

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 12:17 pm
Whoever wants can watch it here:
http://www.hidabroot.org/Site/Ushpizin.asp
totally legal Exclamation

yrs1025

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 1:01 pm
mali wrote:
Whoever wants can watch it here:
http://www.hidabroot.org/Site/Ushpizin.asp
totally legal Exclamation

Is there a way to see it in English or is it only available in Hebrew? I would prefer it in English or at least with sub titles.

yrs1025

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 3:12 pm
I can't get the link to work. Does anyone have a working link?

amother

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 5:15 am
Want to hear something cool.

I was shopping in Zol Po last week and walking out I ran into the couple from Ushpizin! It was like they just walked out of their film, wearing the exact same clothing.

It was pretty cute, shame I didn't have a digital camera on me.

roza

Post Sun, Jun 18 2006, 4:22 pm
I finally got the DVD from our local public library. It's a very touching movie.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 2:38 am
well, a movie that portrays the frum jew in a very positive light is ushpeezin. did anyone see that movie? I thought that it was wonderful.

su7kids

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 3:39 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
well, a movie that portrays the frum jew in a very positive light is ushpeezin. did anyone see that movie? I thought that it was wonderful.

That for sure was one. It was an awesome movie!!!

How many of us have had guests like that in our house!!!

de_goldy

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 5:13 am
I dont think Ushpizin portrayed frum jews in a good light at all! I thought it was very mocking and makes you think that all frum ppl are crazy. for frum ppl its funny to watch but for others?? I would NOT be showing it to not frum/non-jewish people.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 5:29 am
de_goldy wrote:
I dont think Ushpizin portrayed frum jews in a good light at all! I thought it was very mocking and makes you think that all frum ppl are crazy. for frum ppl its funny to watch but for others?? I would NOT be showing it to not frum/non-jewish people.

how was it mocking of frum jews? I didnt feel that at all
you should just know that the movie was made by and with frum jews. the first time I saw it I was in teh theater and there were frum and non frum jews in te audience and I did not see anyone being rude or anything.

Chayary

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 7:03 am
Ditto on liking Ushpizin. We loved it, and have recommended it and shown it to several not frum people, who also found it very inspiring. One not frum guy we know watched it on Sukkos(on Chol HaMoed), and asked my husband if he could come with him to shul, so that he could daven with a lulav and esrog like the guy in the movie. I think that movie really reiterated to me the power of media, because it was so inspiring, and at least this movie was inspiring with our values, as opposed to all the other stuff which is absolutely not our values. I am just waiting for them to make another movie!

ny21

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 7:25 am
their should be a sequal to the movie ushpizim
it should be called 'upshurin!

I liked the movie .

Motek

Post Sat, Nov 04 2006, 9:54 pm
very interesting interview with Shuli and Michal Rand:

http://www.ou.org/pdf/ja/5767/.....9.pdf

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 11:06 am
I've finally managed to see it! It was great! I'll definitely buy the dvd when it goes out!

rivka m

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 1:05 am
I just read an interview with SHuli Rand. He and his wife are in fact working on another movie, this ine dealing with the interplay btween American and Israeli jews. BTW, the interview was so beautiful, you could see why the movie had such great messages. they started out with RNachman's teachings as a premise and then wove it into a plot. I have a nieghbor who's a parapligic and nneds to be in bed all day so that her infection doesn't spread. This woman is on a high level. She doesn't even watch many movies only those that have been reccomended, maybe once a month. She LOVED ushpizin, it was a kiddush Hashem
I don't - can't read the types of books you described . I would quicker choose a junky romance as being more tastfu then something that's such a chilul Hashem. They make me feel literally sick
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics