Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job hunting while pregnant

amother

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 2:56 pm
Dear All,
I just finished a job and am looking for another one. BH I'm pregnant (just found out - I'm only like 6 weeks). I know legally I don't have to say anything - but has anyone been in a similar kind of situation and how did it play out - is there no chance of finding a job. Or do you find a job and then your employer gets mad when they find out?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 3:31 pm
I am in the same situation as u. I was actually just about to post in my months' due date club. I am now 12 1/2 weeks, so about 3 months. I was in school until june, and have been looking since then! this will be my first job in the field, so I don't have much experience. I went away for the summer....and now im looking again. I'm scared to start a new job..and even more nervous to have to tell them a week later that I'm four months pregnant (or more...depending on when I find a job)....help!! I want to find a job quick before I start showing or I'm afraid I won't get hired!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 8:45 pm
Just got hired for a new job and I'm 7 1/2 months. I'll barely get 2 months of work in before I need to be out on maternity. They hired me anyways. If its bashert you'll get the job. Just do your best to look for a job, you can ask about benefits without directly asking about maternity.

miami85

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 11:43 pm
I think it depends a lot on the nature of your field. Some fields are probably easier to manage "replacing" s/o for maternity leave. In my field, teaching, they aren't as enthusiastic to hire a pregnant teacher--especially when teachers these days seem to be a dime a dozen. But true, if its bashert it's bashert!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 1:45 pm
Follow up- original poster here.
Went on a few interviews, found a job - just after they basically offered it I told them I'm expecting. They said we have to think about that. A few days later an official offer, I've been working a week!

gila-rina

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 5:43 pm
very happy for you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics