Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Need edible craft ideas

nehama

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 5:55 pm
My sister is responsible for a program where the two year olds come with their parents and make an edible craft. She's used up almost all her ideas, and the year's just begun!

Does anyone either have ideas of food crafts for that age, or know where to look (books, online...)?

Thanks!

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:08 pm
Dreidel cookies for chanukah incl coloring them diff colors with food coloring dip in egg brush for each child to paint, graham cookies for sukkah art. black and white clown cookies for purim decorate with jelly beans etc. pull apart grape challah even that age can make balls 8) Jello in plastic containers to simulate a parsha topic. shavous cup cakes with liquorice etc to decorate even sprinkles for flowers etc Wink I know there are more that I have done over the years, but these are the first things that comes to my mind right now Smile

nehama

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:15 pm
I forgot to mention that she's supposed to use healthy foods. Makes things a little trickier.

I like your ideas, though - I'll pass them on anyway.

MMEC123

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:21 pm
Edible Menorah- use a celery stick as the base. Put cream cheese or peanut butter on it. Add carrot sticks for the candles with an extra long one for the shamash.

redhot

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:25 pm
mud cups- you make chocolate pudding , put it into cups(preferably a cute cup that can look like a plant pot), and add gummy worms. I cant remember right now the other htings we added, but I will try to remember.

withhumor

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:37 pm
You can cut slices of fruits (melons) and then give the kids cookie cutters to make shapes. You can then stack the shapes on kebob sticks or stick only one per stick to make a flower arrangement.

de_goldy

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 1:38 am
edible tefillin, sukkah, "six days of creation", chanukah gelt, draidels, chanukah cake, mattan torah...

I have lots of ideas, let me know if you want more details.

elkayed

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 11:06 am
Can you do simple things like sugar cherrios necklace or fruit roll up flowers?

happymom

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 11:07 am
butterflies with celery and peanut butter with raisins, and pull and peel licorice for the wings

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 4:12 pm
You can make flowers and lots of things with fruit rollups/leather and you can get the healthy kind too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics