Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Riva Pomerantz

married21

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 1:05 pm
At present there are 8 serials going on between the Binah, Mishpacha & the Ami (not including the kid’s magazines)

What is it that about Riva Pomerantz’s serials that gets everyone so passionately involved?

I know that in my family, her serial is always up for discussion. My mother absolutely hates it, yet reads it with avid interest every week. It’s the first thing I read when my Mishpacha arrives.

I find it fascinating that her serials are always so popular and hotly thrashed out. Just look at the “Diamond Dust” thread.

I think her talent (besides for her superb writing skills) is that she has her pulse on the interests and issues of our society.

Sherri

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 4:28 pm
Current social issues in our communities is my guess.

momsprince

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 4:34 pm
most of the current serials are too new to be passionate about... Riva's is the oldest one now...

V'shavu Banim

Post Tue, Oct 30 2012, 9:00 pm
Did anyone have a chance to read her new book "Prisms" yet? It's a collection of short stories that she wrote.

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 12:44 am
I have the book. Just started reading it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room