Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Special Ed/p3/SETSS In Queens

amother

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 11:25 pm
Hi,
Does anyone know how the system works in Queens-is it regular P3 in the schools, or do you go through the board of ed?

I am looking for a position in Queens, preferably middle through high school, and I am highly qualified with years of experience.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Tizku L'mitzvos!

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 11:29 pm
AFAIK all 5 boroughs work the same way.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 11:52 pm
In Queens, SETSS is provided is provided by DOE employees, even in yeshivos. Children in schools that do not have a setts teacher, or overflow cases if the setts teacher's schedule is full may get a P3, but those are far and few between. If you are looking to do setts, you should apply to the DOE, though I don't know if they are hiring. If you are looking to do P3, you should post on the local shul groups, like kgh shuls, Hillcrest shuls, etc. You may want to contact some of the local yeshivos as well and let them know you are available. The parent gets the P3 letter and then needs to find a provider.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 11:52 pm
In Queens, SETSS is provided is provided by DOE employees, even in yeshivos. Children in schools that do not have a setts teacher, or overflow cases if the setts teacher's schedule is full may get a P3, but those are far and few between. If you are looking to do setts, you should apply to the DOE, though I don't know if they are hiring. If you are looking to do P3, you should post on the local shul groups, like kgh shuls, Hillcrest shuls, etc. You may want to contact some of the local yeshivos as well and let them know you are available. The parent gets the P3 letter and then needs to find a provider.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 12:55 am
I worked as a P3 in a Bais Yaakov in Far Rockaway. Now I work in Brooklyn where I live. If your a qualified P3, call schools and let them know that you're available.

miami85

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 1:27 pm
I am a P3 provider in Queens, I got a few "overflow" cases at a catholic school, and I see a private case (mother contacted me) in the afternoon. I am also in the process of being hired by an agency to do P3. They are looking for people. PM me for more info.

rochellee

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 4:56 pm
I am a P3 provider. I got a call from a parent about her child who is approved for SETSS. If I'm qualified for P3 - I only have a transitional B - not a full masters yet- can I take a kid who is approved for SETSS? Is it the same thing as P3 and this is the legal name?
thanks

miami85

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 7:06 pm
I believe those who are approved for Special Ed Support Services are awarded a P3 letter. So I.e. yes

rochellee

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 7:16 pm
thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics