Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Technical Writing or Web Design - Which is more in demand?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 8:29 pm
I have an option of doing either a Technical Writing or Web Design course. Both will give me a degree.

Which one is more in demand and I'll be more likely to get a job? I live in EY.

How much does each pay?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 7:35 pm
Bump

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 8:07 pm
I don't know anything about the technical writing field, so I can't answer your original question.

Regarding compensation for web design -- I know this is not what you want to hear, but it depends. It depends on your skills and talents. There are quite a few programs that you can master as a web designer, and the more of them you're proficient at, the more money you can command. Same with your ability to communicate with clients and understand their needs. If you work as a freelancer, you'll also need marketing skills to find clients.

I have paid web designers to do projects that I could not do anywhere from just a bit of money to a lot of money, depending on the scope of the project and the talents and skills of the designer.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 12:25 am
Thank you Tranquility and Peace. Which programs are important to know? When you've looked for a Web Designer, were there a lot available? Did you get the feeling that a lot were desperate for jobs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics