Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
DH is the favorite...

Who is the favorite in your house
Daddy  
 53%  [ 15 ]
Mommy  
 46%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 28

daffymom

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 10:50 am
Let me tell you about my morning:

I get up with DS - 15 months (screaming and yelling) I give him a bath because he smelled funny and there were stuff in his hair (shrieking when I washed his hair) then I have to pin him down to put on his diaper (howling like a coyote) then I have to insert his huge legs into his pants (now hes waking up the landlord with his shrieks) and then I have to put in his ponytail (tortured screaming).

I wake up DD - just 4 yrs (kvetching how she is waking up soooo early – its 8:00) I get her dressed (“I hate this outfit” and “why do I have to wear tights” and “how come other girls wear nail polish and I never (??!???!!???)” and “why do you always have to tell me what to do” and “why can’t I wear this sweatshirt from yesterday? Its not so dirty”) and then I have to fix her hair (screaming and yelling).

I’m exhausted, DH walks in smiling at everybody, gives everyone breakfast and makes the kids laugh while they eat together (mommy is meanwhile getting herself dressed, making the beds and doing laundry).

While I’m still annoyed over the fact that “of course the kids like him better” I overhear the following conversation:

DH “mommy told me that you helped her out yesterday by picking up the cheerios”

DD “lots of times I help mommy”

DH – “I’m so proud of you – that was a big chessed”

DD “you also did a chesed to mommy yesterday by picking up the toys”

DH “we have to try to always help mommy”

DD “mommy needs a lot of chessed we have to try to help her a lot”

And life goes on…

Anyone feel the same way?

Squash

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 10:58 am
lol!

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard! Could have something to do with my 5 week old baby and not enough sleep. LOL

Anyway, as long as they understand that you need a lot of chesed, that's a good start.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 11:21 am
Busy! BH!

Esther01

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 11:51 am
I can totally understand you. I always say that the 'dirty' work of discipline is left in our hands while dh is left with only the 'clean' disciplining.

I do try to hug, kiss and cuddle my kids whenever possible. this gives them the positive feeling that 'mommy loves me' not only that 'mommy loves when I look clean before leaving to school'. get the difference?

anyway I wish you lots of koach and hatzlacha.

miriam

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 11:56 am
I am a bit confused. Sounds cute to me. The husband is usually the one who interacts with the kids on a more playful fun level.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 12:07 pm
Dh is the favorite to play games with but when we are both busy with something and the kids need their needs of any kind to be met they turn to me. I am also more often the disciplinarian just because I am around more. I have to make a concious effort to just sit and take time to enjoy fun things with the kids rather than just focus on what needs to get done.

shoy18

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 12:11 pm
DADDY DADDY DADDY, all day my ds calls for him, and when daddy finally arrives home, ds literally drops whatever he is holding and runs a fast as he can to the door.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 12:17 pm
I totally hear ya. When my son was a toddler he used to point at pictures and cry for daddy. It drove me crazy especially cause he used to sleep on my head.

He's a teenager now and I'm divorced and he still goes to daddy daddy - except when he wants good food or a favor - he knows where to find me and I'm always here.

Esther01

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 4:17 pm
I think that even if daddy is the favorite to play with, when a child is throwing a tantrum they usually wnat MOMMY,MOMMY, MOMMY, in my home anyway.

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 8:13 pm
My kids have a preference for who to come to depending on the situation. I would say the preference is 50-50, but they come to me more because I am there.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 7:34 am
I know I'm definitely the favorite for Shabbos party cuz according to DS, "Tatty gives too much healthy stuff!"

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 9:01 am
lol. of course it's me!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 1:58 pm
daffymom wrote:
I wake up DD - just 4 yrs (kvetching how she is waking up soooo early – its 8:00) I get her dressed (“I hate this outfit” and “why do I have to wear tights” and “how come other girls wear nail polish and I never (??!???!!???)” and “why do you always have to tell me what to do” and “why can’t I wear this sweatshirt from yesterday? Its not so dirty”)

Sounds like some 14 year olds. She's 4? Confused

HelloEverybody

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 2:18 pm
In my home, its always whoever is not "watching the kids" at that time. This morning, I was getting them ready, crying was "I want my abba". Last night I went downstairs to get something, and abba was in charge, crying was "I want my mommy".

He just likes to pretend he doesn't like us.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 10:56 pm
Esther01 wrote:
I think that even if daddy is the favorite to play with, when a child is throwing a tantrum they usually wnat MOMMY,MOMMY, MOMMY, in my home anyway.
Mommy is the one they want when soothing is needed.

Chani

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 2:59 am
I think it switches from time to time. When my oldest was little he was a mommy's boy. Then he became a daddy's boy. Then he was terribly ill and in the hospital for a while and convalescing a few months and he was a mommy's boy. Now he's back to being a daddy's boy!

Right now my oldest and one of the twins are daddy's boys and my second and the other twin are mommy's boys. And I have no doubt that three years from now it may all be different!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics