Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Thursday night; HELP !!!!!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 12:19 pm
Help, everyone!

I come home about 6:15 on Thursday nights and I usually pop by the grocery store to pick up challos & fresh chicken for Shabbos…that means I’m not home until after 6:30, with dinner to make AND a mountain of Thursday night chores to be done!

How do you split it up! Thanks.

Basya

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 12:28 pm
I make challah on wednesday night and freeze it.

Thursday night is pizza or do-it-yourself night in my house. Or, if that won't fly by you for supper- make supper the night before hand and just heat it up when you get home.
Soups are great when you just put them in the crock pot in the morning before you leave. That way, when you get home the first part of supper is hot and waiting for you.
I find that if I dont have supper to worry about, I end up having enough time to do everything else.

Good Luck. Smile

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 12:31 pm
The first rule of cooking for these shabbos on these short fridays is to do your grocery shopping on Wednesday night. That way when you get home on thursday night from work, you can start cooking right away.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 7:46 pm
I do my real shopping on Tues b/c Wed I have an early shir. We eat the leftovers on Wed too.

Thurs I just pick up odds and ends but myabe I should delegate that out...along with dinner, lol.

Seriously, I need to revamp someting!

HealthCoach

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 10:35 pm
My husband does my shopping for me so that's not an issue.

I can't start cooking till 9 because of my kids so I make sure not to leave more than 4 cooking things for thursday night. For me 2 are soup and chulent so I have room for at most 2 things, fish and challah braiding. If I am having guests or have more to do, I do some things earlier in the week. I bake challah and cake, make salmon and kugel for 3 weeks at a time so I don't have to do that every week.

Esther01

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 12:42 am
thursday night supper in our house is usually baked fish. most fish don't need more than 20-30min. in the oven.
now about the cooking and cleaning on thursday, yeh, I stay up very late. I don't want anything major left for the short friday.
but it is something you gotta think about and work out an exact plan that cna work for you every week.
good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics