Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Boys and girls swimming together under bar mitzva
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 10:07 pm
Quote:
if there is a 9yo boy and 12+yo girl then there is an issue (which is the common babysitting yichud problem)

wait, does this mean there is something wrong with getting a babysitter for my 9 and 10 yr old sons?
I have younger kids too, but the older boys are awake long after the younger ones go to bed.
is this a problem?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 2:51 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
if there is a 9yo boy and 12+yo girl then there is an issue (which is the common babysitting yichud problem)

wait, does this mean there is something wrong with getting a babysitter for my 9 and 10 yr old sons?
I have younger kids too, but the older boys are awake long after the younger ones go to bed.
is this a problem?

Yes, it's a problem. Ask your rav what to do - there are solutions. Like leaving a key with neighbours who are a married couple with permission to come in whenever they want to - they don't actually have to come. You need to ask a rav for what to do in your specific situation. We have been into this several times and it depends on the ages of the sister(s) and the specific circumstances.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 8:27 pm
Can someone please educate me why swimming pool has anything to do with yichud? I'm assuming co-ed swimming in public pool? There are many of us who won't have issues with co-ed swimming in the first place, FYI.

bluebird

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 9:35 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Can someone please educate me why swimming pool has anything to do with yichud?

I'm curious about that part, too. Obviously tzniut and shomer negiah, but I don't see how yichud comes into play in what seems like a public situation.

Peanut2

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 9:37 pm
shalhevet wrote:
amother wrote:
Quote:

is this a problem?

Yes, it's a problem. Ask your rav what to do - there are solutions. Like leaving a key with neighbours who are a married couple with permission to come in whenever they want to - they don't actually have to come. You need to ask a rav for what to do in your specific situation. We have been into this several times and it depends on the ages of the sister(s) and the specific circumstances.

If there are two boys over the age how is that a problem?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions