Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Nannys/sitters

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 4:39 pm
Hi I would like to know how many of you (usually it applies to working moms) who would hire a non jewish sitter/ nanny or opeh to watch the kids and help out in the house.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 4:55 pm
I hired one last year, when I didnt wat to send my baby out of my house, even though I had to go to work. a jwesih sitter woudl have been really expensive, so I got a [gentile], I wasnt so happy with it, she was loving, gentle etc...but this year I am much happier with him in a jewish home daycare with a warm lady who will sing the songs I sing and speak yiddish to him etc.... the only drawback this year is that I have to hire extra cleaning help instead of coming home every day to a clean house

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 8:46 pm
Rochel Leah thanks for responding. I am happy for your child he is now in the hands of a jewish women. Very Happy

My hubby was so so against us having a non-jewish women look after our children no matter the age and how much about judaism they knew.

Truth be known at one stage I thought the approach was abit strong but I went ahead with him anyway.
One day I heard horror storys of what these women would teach our kinderlach, and how Rabbanim were saying when making calls for a shiur to frum peoples home , every second call was answered by a [gentile] .

I then realized hubby might of been right sometimes even to do something good we have to see at whose cheshbon are we sacrificing spiritually, and of all people it shouldnt be our kids Confused

Last edited by Tefila on Sun, Dec 10 2006, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Ozmom

Post Tue, Nov 09 2004, 6:28 am
I've heard too many horror stories

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 09 2004, 11:04 pm
halachically you can't have a [gentile] alone in a frum home.
there has to be REAL yoitze venichnas situation.
Otherwise your kitchen might become traif (ask your Rav)
I had an issue even with my Jewish not frum mother, whome I trust 200%

As far as having a non-Jewish babysitter, we do not want to send our kids to any babysitters & try everything possible to keep me at home with them. I've heard to many horror stories, including an attempted kidnap.
Of cource, Jewish babysitter is hard to find, especially to come to your house. Even Jewish babysitters are not always perfect either. B'H, I had great & good ones when I needed, but few of my friends had not-so-good & bad ones too.

I think this is very sad that mothers have to leave their kids.... Crying

Ozmom

Post Tue, Nov 09 2004, 11:19 pm
where is that source FY
I've never heard that

what about my cleaning lady, I can't leave her alone in the house?

Motek

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 9:48 am
see thread in Kitchen section called, "Is Your Kitchen Kosher?"

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 1:06 am
So now I have heard that countless chassidishe homes have this scenerio of a non jewish live out nanny. So perhaps ..................... Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics