Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Anyone Have this Product?

ceetee

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 1:09 pm
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pr.....652-2

Did you like it?
For waht age is it good?
are there any similar product out there?

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 1:28 pm
I don't have this one. I have a cheaper one that just has a ring like seat. I bought it on ebay.

read the first two comment on the site.

mamaluv

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 2:44 pm
I would not get a bath seat there are such terrible stories out there.

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 3:02 pm
I have something similar to this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Safety-1st.....wItem

what horrible things happen to baby seats?

I'm using mine 3 years and I love it.

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 4:58 pm
I have it. It's really good, but somehow it cracked a little bit. It is still usable, but I now have the option of using it without the armrest! Actually it was good for me because a month later I moved to a new apt. with a HUGE bathtub and the side was too tall to use it with, so we just used the seat. It didn't suction to the bottom of the bath, but with the baby's weight it didn't slide around. You have to stay with the baby anyways, so it really didn't make a difference to us, it just let us have free hands while being there.
Anyways, my point is that it is a great seat and is really comfortable for you, but be careful if you have a deep bathtub, it might not work - unless you break it like we did!

ruthanne

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 8:33 pm
I bought this seat for my son when he was about 7 months and it was amazing. He's quite an active child and I was always nervous of him going under but with the seat I could actually enjoy bath time with him. I would definitely recommend using the seat until your baby is walking properly or is too big for the seat.
But of course remember never to leave your child unattended even in a seat! Smile

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 10:16 pm
That seat with the armrest- it's not at all safe. Babies constantly scrape the tops of their thighs when being taken out. Some babies squirm and get their legs stuck in the hole in the back, which is too small for the legs to fit properly. Too many reviewers said that baby got one leg thru the back, one out the front and was stuck in a split position. It took 3 ppl to get those babies out.

A regular ring like linked to above, preferably with a 'tray' that opens, is best. True, there have been stories of babies drowning in these seats, but it's not the seat's fault, but rather the parents'. If people are foolish enough to leave a baby in a bath, of course there is a high risk of drowning. Bath seats don't drown children. Parents who don't supervise properly do.

ruthanne

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 9:48 am
GAMZu wrote:
That seat with the armrest- it's not at all safe. Babies constantly scrape the tops of their thighs when being taken out. Some babies squirm and get their legs stuck in the hole in the back, which is too small for the legs to fit properly. Too many reviewers said that baby got one leg thru the back, one out the front and was stuck in a split position. It took 3 ppl to get those babies out.

A regular ring like linked to above, preferably with a 'tray' that opens, is best. True, there have been stories of babies drowning in these seats, but it's not the seat's fault, but rather the parents'. If people are foolish enough to leave a baby in a bath, of course there is a high risk of drowning. Bath seats don't drown children. Parents who don't supervise properly do.

I never had this problem, probably because I never left my baby unattended Smile

And yes he was (still is Exclamation ) a very active child.

MinnieMa

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 10:07 am
It's a great seat-- you can sit right next to the bath and play with your child, but you don't have to constintly be holding your child from slipping. It's true sometimes when I take my daughter out, if you do it too quick, her foot can get scraped. SO you be careful. Anyway- I have one complain about it. Maybe those mothers who have it can help me. I find that mold builds up in it-- or under the seat. I can't get the dirt out. Is it just me??? The other day- I pushed the blue part down-- the seat-- and tons of dirt/mold- I would say-- started coming out. I was like-- I had enough- I'm throwing this thing away. I do clean it--a nd I do let it dry- and still it builds up inside the seat. Is there a way to take it apart???
That's my only complain-- otherwise it's the best!!!!!!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 10:12 am
IHATED IT!!! as long as my son couldntsit unsupported he kept falling down in it and once he could sit unsupported he didnt need it anymore. he kept hurting his legs on the openings. ugh. I threw it out.

happy2beme

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 12:32 pm
I wasn't very happy with it either. My son's legs kept getting stuck & yes, made splits. He also always scraped his legs on the top part of the legholes.
never had mold- but it sounds like ur still using it so maybe bec u used it longer than me. r u still using it? y? I stopped a long time ago!

for my dd I had a blow up duck bath from munchkin- I LOVED IT! there's another thread about this from awhile ago & I posted there a link to it.

I was able to lay dd's head back to wash her hair. in the seat u can't lay baby back & water always went in his eyes.

it's cute, dd loved squeezing its beak- it made noise.

it's nice & cushioned...

it got moldy too after 2 yrs or so- & then I threw it out.

only disadvantage- it takes up a lot of room!

happy2beme

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 12:33 pm
oh minnie, I forgot to mention. do u pick up the seat after each use & let the water drip out of the seat? sometimes I even had to push down the blue seat & tilt in every direction to get the water out.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 12:38 am
Mold is another common complaint I read on many reviews.
And of course nobody leaves their child unattended in it. But how fast can you stop a slippery pudgy baby from turning around and swinging his leg out the back opening?

The seats with the suction cups and with the trays that open up are the best, although not in production anymore. I guess we suffer for the irresponsible parents who trust the seat to babysit their kid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics