Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Tickets to Israel

abcd123

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:47 am
DH and I are planning to iyh take a trip to Israel in a couple of months. We both have not been back in 11 years (never been there together), so this is a really big deal for us that we are able to get away and arrange for family to take care of our kids for enough time to travel such a big trip.
Just wondering if anybody has any tips on getting a good deal on the flight price. The only ones I am able to find on my own are very expensive like $1200 each. Is that pretty standard? Anybody know of atravel agent who gets good deals maybe? TIA!!

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Dec 15 2012, 7:53 pm
$1200 seems a bit on high end, esp if you aren't flying closer to major jewish holidays. My MIL probably pays around $1000 but using regular airline websites and expedia, she normally flies on DL. I think normally mid-week flights are less expensive.

Also how long are you planning to be there? If it's not such a short trip, you may be able to get less expensive fares by booking 1 stopover flights.

abcd123

Post Sat, Dec 15 2012, 8:03 pm
we are planning to fly on a wednesday night and return the following sunday so about 10 days when taking into account travel time. I was surprised the flights were so much. I was checking through expedia and similar websites. Besides for using miles, which I dont think we can do with the type that we have, anyone have any other ways they know of for finding lower fares?

theotherone

Post Sat, Dec 15 2012, 9:36 pm
did you check out dansdeals.com? I know that alitalia has been offering very good deals but don't know if they are still available (italian airline-stopover in Rome)

ssm101

Post Sat, Dec 15 2012, 10:41 pm
Set up a "flight alert" on websites like Kayak.com and expedia.com so when there is a cheap rate you'll be emailed automatically. Also monitor DansDeals.com. You often can find a cheaper rate if you're willing to stopover in Europe. Many stopovers are only for a couple hours.

abcd123

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 3:07 pm
Ill check those out.. thanks!

safetynet

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 3:31 pm
Depending on your dates now, 1160 is currently the cheapest direct flight. Stopover you could get for as low as 850 on Transaero or 950 on Turkish
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics