Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
A fun fun fun meet - r u in?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Dini

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 9:54 pm
wow it sounds like you guys had loads of fun, I wish I would've come but couldn't make it. We must make one again and I have never been at Cafe shalva & would love to try it.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:27 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
greenfire wrote:
and sorry that people don't seem to know when to let go of an issue ...

Very odd that You should say such a thing.

why is that odd - it seemed as if someone had not been nice - but I guess I don't really know ...

mimivan

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:44 pm
I'm sorry to butt in...since this meeting of course was in the U.S. and I couldn't have gone anyway, but I think a lot of feelings would have been spared and arguments would not have been started if CM would have been left alone in her decision not to attend. I don't think she should be judged for it, and I understand why.

I brought my ds to the Yirushalaim meeting...I loved seeing other people's kids, but honestly, if I could have afforded a babysitter, I really should have gotten one. I do not feel the way CM does, especially since I was interested to see other peoples' kids but I can totally understand CM's position..I had to chase him a bit and it wasn't easy...especially since I wanted to visit with the ladies there.

I am dealing now with a MIL who no longer has koach to be around my kids and I have to make peace with that. I don't think we have to take these feelings of others personally. CM tends to attract some conflict because she is very blunt, but I find her directness refreshing. I don't think people needed to take her comments personally or to question her too much about her attitude.

I can't attend very manyEnglish shiurim here in Yirushalayim because I have kids. Do I think these women are "intolerant" or that they "can't stand kids." The Israelis are more easy going about bringing kids. Are they "better"? It is just a difference in attitude...

If she didn't want to go because kids were there, well, that's her choice, right?
Wink

p.s. sorry to stand on a soapbox, but alot of conflict could have been spared...so I was thinking chaval when I read this thread...

yoyosma

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:56 pm
I think what some posters need to realize is that even though someone may not like kids, it doesnt mean they dont like YOUR kids, or that something is wrong with YOUR child.
No need to get personally offended by someone's preferences!

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 12:01 am
Yoyo Thumbs Up

yentaof8

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 12:05 am
I would have loved to have been there - but had to take my DD to the airport. It sounds like it was a fun meet. Questions for the attendees - is it weird that you are no longer anonymous to each other and was anyone/everyone just like you imagined (I think there was a thread full of assumptions) or some surprises?

jewgal84

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:29 am
yentaof8 wrote:
I would have loved to have been there - but had to take my DD to the airport. It sounds like it was a fun meet. Questions for the attendees - is it weird that you are no longer anonymous to each other and was anyone/everyone just like you imagined (I think there was a thread full of assumptions) or some surprises?

I wonder too...

greeneyes

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 10:05 am
The meet sounds like it was so much fun! I would've loved to come, but 13th Avenue is really a little too far of a walk if I'm taking the baby...next time can we do it closer to Flatbush perhaps?? 18th Avenue is like a 25 minute walk for me so that's more doable...

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 10:09 am
it is always a little awkward the first couple of minutes...but at least for me, I just start talking or ask questions and life kicks in! we all have more in common than we think.

I totally don't mind if people know who I am. I truly enjoy gaining new friends within my own community, and in the other communities as well. it was lovely to meet the others and I hope I'll be able to do it again!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:03 pm
did u all meet at the end?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:24 pm
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
did u all meet at the end?

How about reading through the thread. Confused

technic

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 3:14 am
she was 2 tired - had a bad nite Wink

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 4:55 am
Glad you all had a good time. I was just thinking to myself funny that we have never had one of these meets in Manchester maybe something to do with the English being reserved or something.

Just reading through the thread I was thinking that it is sad that the thread turned bitter, that's a shame. People you need to listen and try and understand what people are thinking and respect their opinions without jumping down their throats. I'am a mother with young kids and YES I enjoy child free time very much. I need child free time and yes I'am frum.

Not all frum people can cope or want a large family or of course can. So it is crazy of people to write and assume that this is what ALL frum people do. They don't!!!!

So I perfectly understand why CM on one of her 5 days vacation does not want to spend it around children. It should have been left at that.

Sorry to go on but I'am delighted that you all had a great time and the kids too!!!!! Wink

Raisin

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 6:46 am
jewishmama, I only know of a couple of imamothers in manchester. It would be a small meet.

Regarding what pickle said about her grandmother, I understand that attitude, but boy, am I glad that my grandmother didn't share it. She passed away when I was 15, so I am glad she was a person who liked spending time with younger kids.

Not all grandparents live forever......................................

bigmomma

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 11:21 am
CM: You will simply ADORE your grandchildren, you'll see...

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 11:42 am
in willy we only had 3 willy amothers and 2 crown hights ones. you can have a 5-amother meet in manchester too...

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 4:47 pm
wow - remember the days of our meets ... it's easy to guess why they stopped

manyhats

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 6:40 pm
I would like to come.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 6:45 pm
I brought up an old thread out of nostalgic memories

not sure how it goes these days ... are people still meeting ?

you can start your own meet & invite the amothers -

problems in the past have been ...

people only want to meet in BP

I've been stood up by the masses

don't bring children

don't tell the stalkers aka trolls
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics