Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
You're Making Your Son Look Gay
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:24 pm
Typically the week Parshas Chaya Sara comes out, mock weddings are made in school.

The kids are playing out the Parsha story, there is nothing more to this then that.

My sons sleep away camp has skits all the time and some boy acts as the mother, wife, nurse whatever. Is this something to get upset about.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:53 pm
My boys love playing with a kitchen set and pots and I bought them a kitchen set and a doll and carriage before I had any girls. I think its great.

I wouldn't care if the boy was kallah, nurse, mommy, etc. as long as he wasn't wearing a skirt because we hold it is beged isha - my Rav told my dh we could not dress him in girl clothing for Purim - so it would bother me because that is how my family holds. I don't think it is sick, just not accepted according to all derechs and maybe the teacher should be sensitive to that, if the school caters to families like that.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 6:10 pm
happybeingamom wrote:
Typically the week Parshas Chaya Sara comes out, mock weddings are made in school.

The kids are playing out the Parsha story, there is nothing more to this then that.

My sons sleep away camp has skits all the time and some boy acts as the mother, wife, nurse whatever. Is this something to get upset about.

the schools here are so right wing. I probably wouldn't have been upset if they would've just put a crown on his head. but a dress? if you are so mamesh, gevaldige, fafrumpt, and you get a whole list of how not to dress your 4 year old (no cargo, no jeans, etc,.) , you then have the chutzpah to put a DRESS on my kid? beged ishah!

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
happybeingamom wrote:

the schools here are so right wing. I probably wouldn't have been upset if they would've just put a crown on his head. but a dress? if you are so mamesh, gevaldige, fafrumpt, and you get a whole list of how not to dress your 4 year old (no cargo, no jeans, etc,.) , you then have the chutzpah to put a DRESS on my kid? beged ishah!

Do you really think the Morah thought this? She was making a mock wedding and put costumes on.

FTR I only dress my kids from baby age and up in their gender clothing, even on Purim because of beged ish/ishah so I understand where you are coming from.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 11:21 pm
Can we nominate this thread at the best trolling of the month? I am laughing so hard over here! I'm going to need some serious brain bleach trying to get rid of the mental image of my DH in skinny jeans. shock He's rather apple shaped, and I'm imagining a large scoop of ice cream on a very skinny cone. Surprised

Most of the commentary is priceless, with some of my favorite posters using the OP as a pinata. (How do you make that ~ over the n?) Marina, you are OWNING this thread. Remind me never to get on your bad side! Wink

*runs off to get a bowl of popcorn*

OK ladies, carry on!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 7:58 am
I agree skinny jeans look terrible on men, very weird and effeminate

MrsDash

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 8:48 am
There's a difference between "mens" skinny jeans, and "womens" skinny jeans. For men, it's just a slimmer version of the "straight" fit (no pun intended.) For women, it's kind of like a bigger version of jeggings.

Mens Skinny Jeans:

Womens Skinny Jeans:
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics