Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Zucchini kugel recipe?

Mevater

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 11:37 am
Question Does anyone have or has there already been posted a good zucchini kugel recipe (which cuts well and doesn't get soggy) ? Thanks.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 11:41 am
Great kugel db:
http://www.jewishfood-list.com......html

Mevater

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 11:50 am
DefyGravity wrote:
Great kugel db:
http://www.jewishfood-list.com......html

Is this the one and have you tried it personally? Which others from the list have you tried?

Zucchini Kugel/Latkes (P, TNT)
Source: Unknown
Serves: About 12
5 large zucchini, peeled, grated, salted, and drained of excess liquid (I generally use more than 5)
3 large onions, chopped (I generally use 1 to 2)
1-1/2 cups self-rising flour (or 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt per cup of all-purpose flour; I use whole wheat)
1 cup water
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 tbsp. chicken soup powder
Salt and pepper to taste

For Kugel:
Mix all ingredients together.

Bake in greased pan at 180°C (350°F) for 50 minutes or until the kugel is stabilized (not wobbly in the center).

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 11:55 am
I just found this list yesterday. I've never (knowingly) made any of the recipes.

When I make zuchinni kugel, I grate several zuchinnies, sautee some onions, and then mix everything together and add eggs, onion soup mix, salt and pepper. This recipe seems very similar, so I'm sure it'll taste fine.

Mevater

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 12:01 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I just found this list yesterday. I've never (knowingly) made any of the recipes.

When I make zuchinni kugel, I grate several zuchinnies, sautee some onions, and then mix everything together and add eggs, onion soup mix, salt and pepper. This recipe seems very similar, so I'm sure it'll taste fine.

Thanks. I try to stay away from MSG, so I'll try the recipe, but I hear from friends that frying the onions gives a yummier flavor, so maybe I'll do that instead of just grating them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes