Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My shabbos robe is better than your shabbos robe
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:57 pm
greenfire wrote:
zaq - don't tempt me Twisted Evil

>>evil laugh<<

b from nj

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:57 pm
zaq wrote:
syrima wrote:
my winter Shabbos robe is 12 years old and I still wear it and love it! Can anyone top that? Dancing

Oh, pshaw, so is mine. But I wore mine to two chassunahs and a fund-raising dinner before demoting it to Shabbos robe status. Can you top that?

Oh please!! I got married in my shabbos robe & I ordered a special matching wedding night monogrammed towel to go with it Very Happy !!

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:02 pm
b from nj wrote:
zaq wrote:
syrima wrote:
my winter Shabbos robe is 12 years old and I still wear it and love it! Can anyone top that? Dancing

Oh, pshaw, so is mine. But I wore mine to two chassunahs and a fund-raising dinner before demoting it to Shabbos robe status. Can you top that?

Oh please!! I got married in my shabbos robe Very Happy !!
No joke, when I was shopping for a wedding gown, I saw some peignoirs that were fancy enough to pass for wedding gowns. However, back then the shell-under-spaghetti-strap-gown look was considered tacky even by " frummie chic" standards, and so that idea didn't fly.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:03 pm
b from nj wrote:

Oh please!! I got married in my shabbos robe & I ordered a special matching wedding night monogrammed towel to go with it Very Happy !!
Rolling Laughter

Oh, boy, good thing I already had my coffee. Thanks for the belly laugh!

syrima

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:24 pm
zaq wrote:
b from nj wrote:
zaq wrote:
syrima wrote:

Oh please!! I got married in my shabbos robe Very Happy !!
No joke, when I was shopping for a wedding gown, I saw some peignoirs that were fancy enough to pass for wedding gowns. However, back then the shell-under-spaghetti-strap-gown look was considered tacky even by " frummie chic" standards, and so that idea didn't fly.

Thanks for the great idea! I was looking for something to wear to a wedding. maybe I'll just "promote" my robe! After all, it's BLACK! LOL

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:28 pm
syrima wrote:

Thanks for the great idea! I was looking for something to wear to a wedding. maybe I'll just "promote" my robe! After all, it's BLACK! LOL

Only if it's not pilly, syrima. Pills are tacky by anyone's standards.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:01 pm
I've actually seen people wear robes as dresses & dresses as robes

some styles are so similar you wouldn't know the difference ... however, that was several years back

dunno about the 2-piece things - sounds more casual [almost like sweat pants gasp]

hycup

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:15 pm
I don't get what people have against shabbos robes What They are just like dresses but you don't have to wear a corset underneath. I love the look and I love dresses. I wish dresses from the 18th century would come back in style. We already did the 60's and 70's again twice in the last 2 decades... when do the dresses come back?

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:22 pm
Hycup, dresses from the 18th century demand full-body corsets underneath. Just so you know.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:47 pm
zaq wrote:
Hycup, dresses from the 18th century demand full-body corsets underneath. Just so you know.

I read this as hycup dresses & I was wondering what on earth is a hycup dress Scratching Head

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 3:00 pm
greenfire wrote:
zaq wrote:

I read this as hycup dresses & I was wondering what on earth is a hycup dress Scratching Head

One that hoists your girls up and out.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 3:03 pm
Yes Yes

shanie5

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 8:28 pm
My cousin wore a slip to a wedding once. I think it was a petticoat style, but the only reason we knew was because she told us!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 9:36 pm
DD (American) went to an Israeli wedding and saw that the sisters of the Kallah (Kallah was her new SIL) were wearing "gowns" that were really Shabbos robes. She assumed initially that they didn't know they were robes. Then the Kallah told her -- look at my sister's dresses -- they're really Shabbos robes, but don't they look like dresses! Well, maybe to the Israelis there they did, but certainly not to the Americans.

abmom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 2:25 am
shanie5 wrote:
My cousin wore a slip to a wedding once. I think it was a petticoat style, but the only reason we knew was because she told us!

I once saw a young preteen aged girl wearing a beautiful new outfit. A white jumper! It was a cotton full slip with the little rosette at the center of the neckline... :-) LOL

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 2:34 am
hycup wrote:
I don't get what people have against shabbos robes What They are just like dresses but you don't have to wear a corset underneath. ...

A corset? I don't wear a corset under any of my dresses. Am I therefore excused from wearing a shabbos robe? I'm not a big fan of polyester velvet.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:11 am
I own a couple of corsets. They're great for your back, it's like having lumbar support wherever you go. I had one custom made for me, and it was expensive but unbelievably comfortable!

I'm a big fan of historical costuming too, so any excuse to dress up in garb is good for me. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics