Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Chicken cutlets--no Italian dressing, soy sauce or mushrooms

gazingblue

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:21 pm
I'm exhausted. Defrosting chicken cutlets for dinner but I have no idea what to do with it. My kids have trouble eating crispy, so plain old fashioned delicious schnitzel is too difficult for them. They don't like strong flavors, so I need a flavorful recipe without overwhelming flavors. Yes I know that doesn't necessarily make sense.

I just reviewed most cutlet recipes here, so please don't tell me to do that.

Can you please suggest an easy, not too many ingredients (no soy sauce, Italian dressing, or mushrooms) recipe for cutlets?

Please please I am exhausted, overwhelmed and stressed out. Can I get a little help here with a simple recipe?
TIA

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:23 pm
Dump on some duck sauce and bake at 375 until done.
Or barbecue sauce.
Or just olive oil, chopped garlic, and parsley.

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:26 pm
We did make your own sandwiches this week. I broiled cutlets with oil and spices until they were cooked through. I put out buns you could use wraps, pita etc. I put condiments, sautéed mushrooms and onions and lettuce in bowls and everyone made what they wanted.

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:27 pm
If you have a george forman grill, grill the cutlets and then grill a can of peaches.

Cut up and cook with a bag of mixed vegetables. Add oil, s & p, and other spices if you like.

m in Israel

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:28 pm
I almost feel silly posting this, but it actually is quite yummy. I sprinkle the cutlets with garlic powder and then either grill them in the broiler or cook them in a dry frying pan (use a little PAM so it doesn't stick). The only trick is to make sure not to overcook them (or they will be dry). Super quick, super easy, no strong flavors, but the garlic keeps it from being bland.

spring13

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:33 pm
Cut the cutlets into strips. Marinate in olive oil/balsamic vinegar/salt/pepper/minced garlic for a couple of hours. Then grill (either in a grill pan, a Foreman, or a proper charcoal one). You can use any spice mixture that you have lying around for this, or keep it very simple.

lst

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:35 pm
mix some ketchup, a bit of mustard, garlic, and brown sugar (or silan). I add some soy sauce to this but you can definitely leave it out and it will still be good. Add a drop of pepper if you like a little kick. Mix is together and pour on chicken.
It's good with rice, couscous, etc..

bananasplit

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:41 pm
Spice the chicken and saute with onions, red peppers or other veggies. Or just use mayo and spice and bake.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 12:44 pm
This might sound weird, but if u have marinara or pasta sauce at home, you can put a bit onto the cutlets and bake it that way. The flavors happen to work well on cutlets, or a mild fish....
And the sauce keeps it moist.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 1:28 pm
Coat with pesto (store bought is ok) and bake/broil.
Dust with seasoned flour. Panfry both sides, remove cutlets to a platter. Add 1 cup orange juice (w/1teasp corn starch or potato starch dissolved), cook till thickened, a bit of ground pepper. Lovely with pasta or rice.

gazingblue

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 1:35 pm
Op here, just finished some laundry and cleaning up. Came back to computer to see what you ladies had for me, thanks for not disappointing. Thanks for the suggestions. Off to cooking...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen