Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagra Falls

smilingmom

Post Sat, Dec 29 2012, 8:59 pm
I will be going with my 16 y.o. and two of her friends to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls for three days in February.

Do you have any ideas of touristy stuff during the winter?

We will be going by bus or plane to Buffalo and then travel to the Canadian side by bus.
The plane is obviously quicker, a little more money, but we can't take along as much food as by bus.

Any advice or ideas?

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 2:33 am
Bird Kingdom-

Tussaud's wax museum

Butterfly Conservatory

Word of warning that it's been 6 years since we visited these places

smilingmom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 6:06 am
My DH thinks we are nuts for attempting this in February. But the hotels and attractions are much cheaper.
Anyone ever travel here diring the winter

Gerbera

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 8:51 am
Are the attractions actually a different price in the winter? Never seen that before. Well, you'll be just missing the Festival of Lights! The falls are illuminated every night in the colours of the rainbow, which is really nice to see! Theres the Enchanment of Disney displays:
http://www.wfol.com/disneydisplays.html

There's a whole bunch of other stuff too! Any chance of going before Januray 31?
http://www.wfol.com/index.html

The museums and attractions on Clifton Hill are SO overpriced for what they are. It won't be so great walking around in the freezing cold-although you could get lucky and it could be mild.
http://www.cliftonhill.com/

The weather says its -11 degrees celsius there at the moment...I don't know where youre coming from but I would think that if you are used to cold weather its one thing but if you're coming from a warmer climate I don't know if you'll be prepared for how cold it can get! Especially at night when the temperature drops.

The nice part of Niagara Falls is doing Maid of the Mist or Cave of the Winds and being able to walk around Clifton Hill and stand and watch the Falls etc....I wouldn't choose to do it in the winter!! And I don't even think those are open. I live in Toronto and the people who go there this time of year are usually going to the hotels with waterparks (Americana, Fallsview and Great Wolf Lodge).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics