Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Please tag recipes!!

Yael

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:26 pm
Reminder:

The more recipes that get tagged as recipes, the more helpful the recipe search will be. it takes a quarter of a second to tag one, so as you read recipe threads, tag the posts that include recipes.

Explanation for those that haven't seen my first post:

We are in the process of implementing a new recipe search feature, where you can search for a gefilte fish recipe for example, without pulling up irrelevant results about how to serve, cut, freeze, or defrost gefilte fish.

The first phase is complete. You can already start to tag recipes as recipes using the tag recipe button located next to the add to recipe box button.

The second phase, enabling the search, is still underway.

crush

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:59 pm
All right, I just spent like 20 minutes marking recipes after reading this post. Now it's someone else's turn LOL

Yael

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:59 pm
On the home page you can look at the top to see how many recipes have been tagged so far.
Admin has graciously spent hours tagging the first 1500 for us. lets see if we can double that by the end of the week.

Yael

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 10:23 pm
Thank you!

devo1982

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 10:01 am
This is kind of fun - discovering all sorts of yummy recipes as I go through old threads. Consider this my thanks for all the yummy recipes this site gave me to feed DH and the kids before I became a member. Smile

shaini

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 7:51 am
I think your notice re tagging recipes needs to be placed somewhere obvious. I hadn't read/seen anything about tagging recipes until after I had posted a recipe tonight but I went back and tagged my recipe.

cookiejar

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 6:39 am
"Posted: Sat, Feb 25 2012, 7:51 am Post subject: re: Please tag recipes!!

I think your notice re tagging recipes needs to be placed somewhere obvious. I hadn't read/seen anything about tagging recipes until after I had posted a recipe tonight but I went back and tagged my recipe."

Perusing recipes here and (re: post above me) just wondering how someone posted on a Saturday at 7:51 A.M....

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 6:45 am
Would you please explain how to tag a recipe and how to know if a recipe had been tagged?

Is this a feature available on the mobile site?

cookiejar

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 7:01 am
Ok, I get it, she must be in a different time zone... (although it is weird that the times post like that...)

shaini

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 7:09 am
For those wondering, I live in Australia so when I've finished shabbas you're still having shabbas morning
Likewise when you post on Friday morning it's already shabbas here in Australia. Obviously when I posted after shabbas it was 7.51 am in America.
The times are shown as local time for whomever logs in.

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 7:35 am
shaini wrote:
For those wondering, I live in Australia so when I've finished shabbas you're still having shabbas morning
Likewise when you post on Friday morning it's already shabbas here in Australia. Obviously when I posted after shabbas it was 7.51 am in America.
The times are shown as local time for whomever logs in.

Just to make things more confusing, your post shows up as being posted an hour ahead of my time zone. It is now 7:35 and this post will show up for me as 8:35.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 8:27 am
I've been using the Add to REcipe Box feature. I never really understood what it means to tag a recipe. Does that mean to let imamother software know that this is a recipe?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 9:57 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I've been using the Add to REcipe Box feature. I never really understood what it means to tag a recipe. Does that mean to let imamother software know that this is a recipe?

If you want to search something, there's a small box you can click on that says recipes only. Only the recipes that are tagged will come up.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 9:59 am
I like that button. a lot.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 12:33 pm
Squishy wrote:
Would you please explain how to tag a recipe and how to know if a recipe had been tagged?

Look at the bottom right hand corner of each post on this page. See where it says "tag as recipe"? Just click on it when posting a recipe or if you find a recipe where it was not clicked on yet.

daisy

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 2:30 pm
I just want to say that Imamother is a great resource for recipes!

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 2:34 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Squishy wrote:

Look at the bottom right hand corner of each post on this page. See where it says "tag as recipe"? Just click on it when posting a recipe or if you find a recipe where it was not clicked on yet.

Thank you.
This feature is not on the mobile version.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 2:42 pm
Is it possible to have similar recipe tag box for posts outside of Recipe topics? I posted some recipes under Allergies but I don't see the usual box to tick...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics